Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #11
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Homemade Christmas gift ideas?

I Spy Bag

Advertisement

earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:10 AM   #12
KrisM
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
great idea! she's been making a house out of an old diaper box. I wonder if I can make her some sort of house or something? But the bedding stuff and even the purse would be awesome
What size doll? I'm trying to figure a way to build something for American Girl. Ideas I've had:

1. Foam board used in displays (hinges for walls) to use as a room back and sides as a back drop. I could use scrap book paper to wall paper the room, add a window, etc.

2. A simple 2x2x2 box of wood that I could decorate, but that would be heavy.

3. Repurposing an entertainment center to be a doll house.

Earn gift cards or paypal at Swagbucks! Click Here to join the fun!
KrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:40 AM   #13
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalasin View Post
You can easily "make" a craft kit at the dollar store. I nanny, and I stock up there. Pipe cleaners, buttons, ink, bingo daubers ("marker paint!" lol), beads, construction paper, glue, crayons, scissors, etc and while you're there get some plastic cases to make her playdough (and glitter, for crafts and play dough).
This is my Christmas gift idea for part of DD's gift (who is 5 in Oct) plus 5 nieces/nephews who range in age from 4-7. My DD has tons of toys and dolls but she never even plays with them. She has a box of craft stuff, which is all she ever wants to do. Not sure if this qualifies as homemade, but it can be pretty inexpensive.
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #14
kbz2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

My daughter is the type that really doesn't play with too many toys but she does love her crafts as well. So we are doing mainly crafty things like pp.

I am also making my daughter a barbie house out of an old dresser.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:23 AM   #15
happyhats
Registered Users
seller

I really love the idea of the Barbie house from a dresser. Otherwise, I am not much help. I did make a dolly diaphragm set for a niece once that was a big hit. A trip to the thrift store for the bag, baby items and clothes, then dcs I had laying around. Not handmade, but you could did some items.
happyhats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #16
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Both my girls will be getting matching skirts or dresses that I found some super-cute corduroy on clearance for at Walmart.

I'm thinking for my daughter who will be 5 right after Christmas, I'm going to make a "picnic" set. I'm hoping to find a basket at Goodwill and make her a picnic blanket big enough for her and her dolls (and her little sister), cloth napkins, and maybe some felt food. I'm also hoping to find some inexpensive small plates and such to use with the pretend food. I haven't thought this through good yet, so I'm sure my ideas will come together better soon.

My younger daughter will be 3 right after Christmas and is more into "babying" her dolls than her big sister is, so I'm thinking I will make her some cloth diapers, bibs and maybe a blanket for her favorite doll.

Craft kits sound like a great idea, too. I may have to look into that idea.

I'm also stumped on homemade stuff for my boys. They are 8 and 6 (on 9/23) and love typical boy stuff like cars, trucks, trains, etc. My 8 yr old is obsessed with creating pencil drawings, so while not really homemade, art supplies are great for him. My almost 6yr old tends to really like animals and will quickly become attached to a new stuffed animal that he will both cuddle and play rough with. Any ideas for them?

Last edited by hac1224; 09-14-2012 at 07:15 AM.
hac1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:56 AM   #17
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebraskamom View Post
You could make a "fort in a bag", or a fishing game, or even a waldorf doll.

Here is a link to some homemade gifts that I'm using this year. The link for how to make the fort in a bag doesn't work anymore, but you can just google pinterest fort in a bag and it shows up. It's basically two queen sheets, a set of clothes pins, rope, and a flashlight. Then you can pack them all in a pillowcase for a carrying bag. Super easy!

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1402376
***What pattern did you use to make the aprons, please??***
Old 09-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #18
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hac1224 View Post

I'm thinking for my daughter who will be 5 right after Christmas, I'm going to make a "picnic" set. I'm hoping to find a basket at Goodwill and make her a picnic blanket big enough for her and her dolls (and her little sister), cloth napkins, and maybe some felt food. I'm also hoping to find some inexpensive small plates and such to use with the pretend food. I haven't thought this through good yet, so I'm sure my ideas will come together better soon.
I this idea!!
Old 09-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #19
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
What size doll? I'm trying to figure a way to build something for American Girl. Ideas I've had:

1. Foam board used in displays (hinges for walls) to use as a room back and sides as a back drop. I could use scrap book paper to wall paper the room, add a window, etc.

2. A simple 2x2x2 box of wood that I could decorate, but that would be heavy.

3. Repurposing an entertainment center to be a doll house.
When I was a kid I always used my bookshelf for a dollhouse.

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #20
med98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What a great thread! I'm loving all these ideas

I am a child of the Living God, a loving wife to DH on 10/10/98, I am also aing, SAHMama to DD 4/8/05 and DS 10/10/08
med98 is offline   Reply With Quote