Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
nikoletayu
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Newborn cup

I got this in hospital but never used. It s tiny drinking cup with measurements.
Soft, made of silicone.
I guess it would be helpful for new mothers who have sore nipples. but want to breastfeed (sore nipples stop being sore after two-three weeks of nursing, though. after that nothing hurts)

Advertisement

Last edited by nikoletayu; 09-13-2012 at 02:38 PM.
nikoletayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
daddyn4wisechix
Registered Users
Formerly: daddyn3wisechix
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Newborn cup

I don't need it, but nice of you to offer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoletayu View Post
I guess it would be helpful for new mothers who have sore nipples. but want to breastfeed (sore nipples stop being sore after two-three weeks of nursing, though. after that nothing hurts)
Just wanted to add that I'd be careful about only cup feeding but it can sure be helpful for babies w/a latch issue while mama works on the latch instead of resorting to a bottle, which can cause all kinds of issues w/nipple confusion.

Also, wanted to add that for some mamas nursing may hurt for 4-6 weeks, like for me... been nursing for 11 1/2+ years & w/each newbie I am in agony for a good 4-6 weeks, not 2-3... no latch issue, just takes a while for my body to adjust to the new voracious nurser & the hormones of having been pregnant and giving birth.

I had always been told if it hurt I was doing it wrong, but have come to find out that is NOT always true & that I was doing nothing wrong... my hormones have been a huge factor & I only wish someone had told me that a long time ago because it would have helped my low confidence in nursing in the beginning. I am also very tender around ovulation & during AF, which only confirms in my mind that the tenderness in the beginning IS caused by hormones as well... one of my midwives said she finds that her pale skinned mamas (I am pretty pale) seem to be most sensitive & she agrees it is related to hormones... it can be a latch issue, but for many mamas for whom the toe curling lasts for 4-6 weeks, it is a hormone adaptation.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #3
nikoletayu
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Newborn cup

Thanks for sharing, mama
Old 09-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyn4wisechix
I don't need it, but nice of you to offer!

Just wanted to add that I'd be careful about only cup feeding but it can sure be helpful for babies w/a latch issue while mama works on the latch instead of resorting to a bottle, which can cause all kinds of issues w/nipple confusion.

Also, wanted to add that for some mamas nursing may hurt for 4-6 weeks, like for me... been nursing for 11 1/2+ years & w/each newbie I am in agony for a good 4-6 weeks, not 2-3... no latch issue, just takes a while for my body to adjust to the new voracious nurser & the hormones of having been pregnant and giving birth.

I had always been told if it hurt I was doing it wrong, but have come to find out that is NOT always true & that I was doing nothing wrong... my hormones have been a huge factor & I only wish someone had told me that a long time ago because it would have helped my low confidence in nursing in the beginning. I am also very tender around ovulation & during AF, which only confirms in my mind that the tenderness in the beginning IS caused by hormones as well... one of my midwives said she finds that her pale skinned mamas (I am pretty pale) seem to be most sensitive & she agrees it is related to hormones... it can be a latch issue, but for many mamas for whom the toe curling lasts for 4-6 weeks, it is a hormone adaptation.
Amen! Amen! I encourage my friends and tell them if you can make the first month I promise promise promise it WILL get better.

I also hate the lie 'if it hurts you're doing it wrong'.
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote