Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
Aubrey<3Gavin
Registered Users
seller

how much should my 10 month old be eating?

DD has been on solids since she 5 months. I was just one meal a day for a long time. Then she increased to two meals maybe around 8 months? Now we do 3 meals a day, but she is of course still getting her milk too--about 28 oz a day (we are all formula now).

It used to be that though she had three meals a day, she wasn't eating huge amounts of the solids. Maybe she would eat a lot at one of the meals but the other two were just kind of snacking or playing with it.

This past week she has been eating us out of house and home! She had almost a whole banana this morning and STILL wanted more so she got a strawberry and a slice of toast with cheese (maybe just about 3/4 of that slice). Is this a growth spurt, or is it the new normal since my baby girl is growing up? She should still be getting her full amount of milk until a year, right?

Advertisement

I'm an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner! http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com
Aubrey<3Gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
GMindyA
Registered Users
seller

Re: how much should my 10 month old be eating?

We are just the opposite. My little girl is 10 months and has started refusing most of her solids. She get a jar of food at day care and was eating almost a half a sweet potato for dinner and now won't take more than a few bites of her food. She only wants to nurse. But she gets half a jar of food twice at school. Some puffs or rice crisps in between and some steamed veggies or pasta etc for dinner.
GMindyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
BrandNewMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: how much should my 10 month old be eating?

Hehe it seems that kids vary so much at this age that it's hard to tell what they "should" be eating. For example, DS ate 2 bananas, 1/2 cup black beans, 1/4 cup lima beans, 2 eggs, bits of my bagel, 2 meatballs, 4 oz applesauce, 4 oz sweet potatoes, a couple bites of avacado, a handful of cheerios, a couple grapes and a couple of slices of peach (today was a heavy fruit day apparently haha). He still nurses 6 times a day. He is also in the 5th percentile on weight...not sure what he does with all of his calories!
BrandNewMama is offline   Reply With Quote