Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-08-2007, 09:44 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Cosleeping question - kinda urgent (long)

Originally Posted by Bukawww View Post
I am just so glad to hear that its okay to let her sleep with us for a change! G'night! I'll update in the am!
I'm hoping you all have a wonderful night's sleep!!

Misty loving wife to Will
Gentle Mama to DD1 Juliana 4/02/2001 & DD2 Shaela 9/11/2006
MotoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:25 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Cosleeping question - kinda urgent (long)

I don't have time to read responses, but I'm fairly certain this has all been said. lol.

Let her sleep with you. I would do a bed or pallet(sp?) in your room. In your bed after a nightmare, if needed. Eventually, she'll be ready for her own room.

To get her to sleep happily in her own room maybe try some of this, if she is interested....

-Let her pick out a lullaby/bedtime calm cd. Something to help her unwind, and not think about things as much.

-Try 2 way moniters. One in your room, one in hers. That way you can hear her, and when you go to bed, you turn one on so she can hear you. So she can say "Mama, I'm scared." And you can speak right back to her. That might help her, just knowing that you can hear her immediately if there is a problem. And she can hear you back.

-Hang up things she likes in her room that make her feel safe. Pictures of her and family together, fairies from the ceiling, anything.

Tiffany, Mama to the incredible JM (3.25.06) , NC (7.28.10) and EH (9.23.13)
We don't vaccinate, we kept our sons intact, we use cloth diapers, we co-sleep, we extended RF, we breastfeed, but we watch too much tv and I totally dig plastic! Everyone has their issues, lol.
JustAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:58 PM   #13
Registered Users
Smile Re: Cosleeping question - kinda urgent (long)

It seems to me like we are made to feel guilty for just trying to be good parents. I don't know if other people have guilt of their own and are trying to make themselves feel better, or what. In any case, we still need to remember that we are here to TAKE CARE OF OUR CHILDREN, to protect and nurture them. I think you are doing the right thing! Your little one will be ready in her own time.
conover007 is offline   Reply With Quote