Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-07-2013, 01:01 AM   #1
sativa83
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Contractions

The last couple days I've been having regular contractions. A week ago my midwife checked me since I had my daughter at 36 week and she said I wasn't dilated.

I went to the hospital tonight for painful regular contractions and was dilated to 1 cm. The contractions died down and they released me. I'm 35 /2 weeks. Would you say I will most likely go early again?

Advertisement

sativa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:19 AM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Contractions

If it is your first you may be late and it might still be a while. Most I hear are closer unless complications for first ones.

I was 1 or 2 cm for a long time with my first. I was 3cm with second for 3 weeks and third was 4cm for short while and in no time was 7 cm... then pushing.

even a friend that had contractions for weeks before due date was later than edd and it was her first.

Last edited by abunchoflemons; 04-07-2013 at 03:22 AM.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
sativa83
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
If it is your first you may be late and it might still be a while. Most I hear are closer unless complications for first ones.

I was 1 or 2 cm for a long time with my first. I was 3cm with second for 3 weeks and third was 4cm for short while and in no time was 7 cm... then pushing.

even a friend that had contractions for weeks before due date was later than edd and it was her first.
I have 2 other kiddos. My son came at 39 weeks and my daughter which was my last came at 36 weeks
sativa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

There's really no way to predict. I went in with Ladybug around 28-30 weeks (can't remember exactly) and was 1 cm dilated, but she was born a week late. Had two false labors with Itsy (37 weeks and 39 weeks) but she was only a couple of days early. I've already been in with this one at 32 weeks and I wasn't even dilated. Haven't had regular contractions since though some of the BH have been pretty painful.

Most women never fully close to 0 cm after having delivered vaginally, btw. So 1 cm after two kids is not really a big deal.

Hugs, mama. I know exactly what you're going through.