Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Is your kiddo ready to be a sibling?

In some cases, again (if this isn't your second?)

I just had to share a story. Our DS is just turned 2, he loves babies when he comes across one. There is an inhome daycare two doors down from us that we use occasionally for drop in care when we have an appt, etc or occasionally we'll go out to lunch alone. DS loves playing with the kids there and she takes great care of him.

The other day we let him go play for a few hrs and we went to lunch and then to the 1st baby appt. When we picked him up, he had positioned a little chair in front of a baby about 8ish months old in a jumperoo, and was "reading" to the baby. He came over to say hi to us, then went back over to read to the baby some more. It was so cute!

I think he's going to be an awesome big brother. I am sure there will be the usual sibling issues, but he is such a good gentle boy and very eager to please/help out.

Advertisement

Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
E_Sage
Registered Users
seller

Re: Is your kiddo ready to be a sibling?

Yes, Nadiene is VERY ready. She's six. She keeps talking about how she "got her wish." It's really cute.
E_Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

My littlest is probably not ready. She is a mommas girl like whoa. I think the transition will be hard for her.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

DD1 already LOVES DD2, but DD2 is a clingy mamas girl. I'm a little scared....
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My older kids all want a baby sister - hopefully they'll be just as happy if this is a boy. Levi... I don't know. He's very much a momma's boy, but he's fine when left with others too. He usually likes to see babies, maybe rub their head, but not a ton of interest.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #6
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

DS will love it. I know we will have transition problems (especially with moving in with my parents and dh being gone), but he loves babies. He is a serious "mother hen".
Old 09-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #7
UmmKira
Registered Users
seller

I think DD2 is going to be really jealous. She doesn't even like if dh and I hug, so I think when she sees me nursing she is going to throw a fit for a long time. Honestly, I'm a but nervous about how she'll do with it overall only being 2.5 when the baby is born.

Sent from my phone using DS Forum... Typos complements of Swype

Come check out my homeschool blog!
UmmKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #8
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
DD loves babies, but she doesn't like mom picking up other kids. So, we'll see
Old 09-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #9
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller

I was really worried about my bonus son when I had DS, but he is the sweetest and most amazing big brother! It seriously makes my heart melt watching them together. He was also like a baby whisperer when DS was a newborn (Oh, he's hungry! Sure enough, that's what it was! "Oh, he just needs you to go shh shh shh so he knows you're just in the front of the car" and yup! That worked!). He's such a huge help! But a few weeks ago he confessed that he misses being the cutest kid in the family *snicker* I told him that I am and always will be the cutest one in the family, so I don't understand what he's talking about and we ended the conversation in giggles.
I'm not too worried about DS, since he won't even be 2 yet.. I'm a little worried about having the terrible two's hit while I still have an infant though! Do AP kids go through that?
Old 09-13-2012, 06:40 AM   #10
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmKira View Post
I think DD2 is going to be really jealous. She doesn't even like if dh and I hug, so I think when she sees me nursing she is going to throw a fit for a long time. Honestly, I'm a but nervous about how she'll do with it overall only being 2.5 when the baby is born.
for things to go well! I think making sure she still has lots of attention and love - both from you and other family members - is super important and will help a lot. And, for my kids at least, making sure to let them help as much as they want to (but not ever forcing them to, kwim?) made a big difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88 View Post
I'm not too worried about DS, since he won't even be 2 yet.. I'm a little worried about having the terrible two's hit while I still have an infant though! Do AP kids go through that?
All kids go through the "terrible 2's", in some form or another. Making them still feel important, giving them jobs to be mommy's helper, and still having lots of hugs and cuddles (even if it's them sitting beside you while baby nurses) all helps.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote