Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #11
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is your kiddo ready to be a sibling?

I have not told them yet. DS1 and ds2 keep asking when my belly is going to get big or what will be the name of the next baby. Ds1 has already told me he wants one more. I laughed bc I did not know he was part of the decision making process but appaerently he is. DD probably will not be ready. She will only be 18 months old when baby is here. I hope she deals with it like my boys did. Ds1 when ds2 came around acted like nothing changed in his world until one day he snuck a kiss to ds2 when he did not think I was looking. Ds1 and ds2 were more than excited when dd came home. They were so happy to have a sister. Ds2 was upset when he saw me in the hospital right before she was born though. But when she was born and when she got home he has been a great big brother.

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #12
Lilybug1
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
My littlest is probably not ready. She is a mommas girl like whoa. I think the transition will be hard for her.
I'm with you on this one. My oldest DD is 4.5 and will be 5 when baby is born. She asked for a baby brother the other day. I think she already dealt with the inital shock of her little sister and she'll be fine with it. What's one more?

My littlest DD is only 13 months so she hasn't a clue what's going on...I'm not sure if it's a phase, but boy is she clingy with her mama. I hope it's a separation anxiety and will ease by the time baby arrives when she will be 20 months. On the up side, she loves her baby dolls, but on the down side, she gets really upset if I hold another baby.
Lilybug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #13
chillimom
Registered Users

My DD is sooooo ready. She doesn't know we're expecting yet - we've talked about it in front of her, and mentioned it casually a couple times, but she's only 2, so doesn't get it.

But she loves babies. She takes care of her little baby dolls at home (wears them in her shirt or a wrap, pushes them around in her stroller, baths them, feeds them, etc.), and is goofy over any babies we meet. A couple of her "friends" have little siblings already and she always wants to hold the baby. With her one friend's baby brother, a few months back she was holding him and kept saying "he's a pretty nice baby". She said he was heavy and I asked her if she wanted me to hold him and she said "no, i can do it." then she asked me "you help me nurse him?" We had to have a chat about how only mommies can nurse babies.

An old pic, she's about 18 months here
chillimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #14
Lilybug1
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillimom View Post
My DD is sooooo ready. She doesn't know we're expecting yet - we've talked about it in front of her, and mentioned it casually a couple times, but she's only 2, so doesn't get it.

But she loves babies. She takes care of her little baby dolls at home (wears them in her shirt or a wrap, pushes them around in her stroller, baths them, feeds them, etc.), and is goofy over any babies we meet. A couple of her "friends" have little siblings already and she always wants to hold the baby. With her one friend's baby brother, a few months back she was holding him and kept saying "he's a pretty nice baby". She said he was heavy and I asked her if she wanted me to hold him and she said "no, i can do it." then she asked me "you help me nurse him?" We had to have a chat about how only mommies can nurse babies.

An old pic, she's about 18 months here
Too cute!
Lilybug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #15
jenbengtson
Registered Users

My Mood:

both my girls will be fine, they are super independent kids. YDD talks about the baby all the time, and ODD is so excited.