Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #21
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Irritated with my own irritability

Quote:
Boy I got mad just reading that rant, how dare he deny you a tub! My hubby wouldn't dare
Ditto!!! If you dont do the chore, you have NO say in how it gets done!!! Give the woman her tub gosh darn it!!!

Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #22
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
((giggle)) thanks ladies....for some reason it's a huge deal for me right now..must be the hormones..because I was over it..not happy but dealing with it, the house was framed up 3 mo ago...but all of a sudden I am just furious over it again (the hot tub set me off) and I am so ticked off with him that I can't stand being around him...and he doesn't even know it.
I figured on getting a big plastic tub to fill up in the kitchen floor and bathe the littles in that..would be a real pain to fill/dump..but doable. I think I am mostly mourning the tub for myself at the moment . my last couple of pregnancies have been torture to my body. mostly my back..i don't know how I am going to cope without a tub.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #23
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyroberts
((giggle)) thanks ladies....for some reason it's a huge deal for me right now..must be the hormones..because I was over it..not happy but dealing with it, the house was framed up 3 mo ago...but all of a sudden I am just furious over it again (the hot tub set me off) and I am so ticked off with him that I can't stand being around him...and he doesn't even know it.
I figured on getting a big plastic tub to fill up in the kitchen floor and bathe the littles in that..would be a real pain to fill/dump..but doable. I think I am mostly mourning the tub for myself at the moment . my last couple of pregnancies have been torture to my body. mostly my back..i don't know how I am going to cope without a tub.
I just don't get the problem with installing a tub. If YOU want a tub, why is he not putting one in? I get that he doesn't like them, but you do...and it's a perfectly reasonable thing to request for your own house. If it were me, I would be putting my foot down and requiring the darn tub. It obviously is important to you (and rightly so! I love my occasional soak!) so why can't he bend for you on this? All for not liking water on the floor? As if no tub is going to fix that? Also, who gets tons of water on the floor after a bath...seriously?

Haha, you got me all riled up! I'm sure your DH is a great guy, but this tub thing is obviously striking a chord!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #24
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Irritated with my own irritability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine915 View Post
I just don't get the problem with installing a tub. If YOU want a tub, why is he not putting one in? I get that he doesn't like them, but you do...and it's a perfectly reasonable thing to request for your own house. If it were me, I would be putting my foot down and requiring the darn tub. It obviously is important to you (and rightly so! I love my occasional soak!) so why can't he bend for you on this? All for not liking water on the floor? As if no tub is going to fix that? Also, who gets tons of water on the floor after a bath...seriously?

Haha, you got me all riled up! I'm sure your DH is a great guy, but this tub thing is obviously striking a chord!
HERE HERE! I am SO strong willed I would just order a tub and have a team come install it for me while my hubby was gone. If he asked what was going on I would say, "It sounded like you thought installing a tub would be too much work so I took care of it myself. It will make me happy."

Honestly my hubby is such a push over that I have to do the opposite at home, I always ask his thoughts on matters a couple times before making a choice. He usually defers to me. It does help that I make more money then he does...that will change next year but for now I make more money so I have more say in how it is spent.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #25
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My hubby makes all the money and I still would have no qualms about requiring a tub installation--haha!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #26
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I should have been pregnant during the framing! So that my angry pregnant hormones would have insisted that it was either put me in a tub...or find a new wife! But at this point its too late. We would have to tear out some walls to get a tub in there , and I just got sheetrock this week. We are not going to have enough money to finish this house as it is, if I start tearing down walls (which is tempting..lol) to get a tub in there... I can kiss flooring goodbye. And I do hate rough concrete floors for kids to play on. So at this point ...it's hopeless for a tub. If in some future date we get to add on...then I will get my tub!! You see it is very irrational /hormonal of me to be so mad at him for something that he cant change now!,lol..(but he could've let me have the hot tub.

About the water on the floor...he gets so bent out of shape for there to be wet foot prints, splashes in the floor. (due to kids baths..i am not a messy bather.) I have no clue why but he has a lot of "ticks" like that. I say don't wear your socks in the bathroom while/or after kids have just bathed! If you don't want them wet. Or you could just ..ya know..throw a towel on it.....
I can't wait till I can point out splashes and wet footprints after they take a shower in the new house!
Right now 7 of us share a bathroom...in the new house it will be 2.5 bath..so he would never have to go into a wet bathroom anyway!
Oh how I wish these hormones would level out and let me be the laid back, "I can take your crap" wife that I usually am!

Last edited by roseyroberts; 09-17-2012 at 02:37 PM.
roseyroberts is offline   Reply With Quote