Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Finally got the car seat!!!

Back in April I went to DD's doctor to see if if I get the doc to order a SN car seat for DD. She has a connective tissue disorder (Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome) and it is hard for her to stay sitting up all the time (trunk issues) and if we were ever to get into an accident, she would fall out of a booster seat (she is almost too big for a harness car seat).

So I ordered it back in April. I forgot I needed to put DD on ECHO ("extra" insurance on Tricare that pays for durable medical equipment) and so they denied the car seat. Well I signed up for ECHO and it took about 2 weeks to get all the paperwork in and she got it immediately.

It then took a bit for ECHO to come up with a place to get the car seat (a month) and then a bit to get the car seat ordered(a month) and 2 weeks to get the car seat delivered to the place. And then 2 weeks to get it delivered to us! So all in all it took 5 months from the doctor's visit to delivery of the car seat. I knew it would take some time to get it and DD wasn't out of her regular car seat yet but would have been within a year.

So obligatory pic! (taken right after it was delivered so not installed) DD LOVES it!!! It is pink! It has a foot rest for her because she normally props her feet on the back of my seat and her feet are right next to my head. Th car seat next to it is the Britax Traveller that a friend gave us. That is an $800 car seat!

My only issue is when the new baby is born. Do I put baby behind me and move DD's car seat or where the other car seat is? Thoughts?

$1500 for this!

Advertisement

Last edited by kaylabelle05; 09-06-2012 at 09:11 PM.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Finally got the car seat!!!

I don't know what I would do when the babe is born, but yeah for you!! Glad it's finally here.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hooray! Did the belt cover come with it, or did you add that on?
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #4
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
Hooray! Did the belt cover come with it, or did you add that on?
Nope. It came with it. It covers part of the belt that loosens the straps. DD HATES it.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:44 AM   #5
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Poor DD!
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote