Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm 90% sure my water broke!

I was sitting on the couch Facebooking while my two youngest boys were watching cartoons. All of the sudden I feel a warm "discharge," (normal), but it didn't stop, it kept coming and kept coming.

My panties were COMPLETELY soaked, it soaked through my jeans and a little onto the couch. It didn't smell like pee. So now.. I'm just sitting here waiting to see if contractions kick in.

Called my midwife and spoke with her husband (today is her "office hour" day where she sees clients). He told me to go about my business, time the contractions, and then call and head in when they are 5-1-1. If they aren't 5-1-1 by my appointment this evening (5:30pm) then just come in as scheduled and she'll check me out.

Family has been texted and called. Baby sitter has been texted, and the friend who is observing the birth for her Birth Educator Certification has been called. Facebook status has been posted.... so now it's just sit here and wait.

DH walked in from school on the tail end of my phone conversation with my midwife's husband. And he said "WHAT did you just say?!?!" LOL

He began to panic because he had a school friend in the car that he was giving a ride home to (about 20 minutes away). I told him to calm down, that we have time. Don't speed and get pulled over or in a wreck, but don't dilly dally either. So he's taking his friend home and running a few errands (including going to the store and getting my labor snacks)....

I feel calm, a little anxious, but mostly calm. I feel like "Ok, nothing to do now," and it's driving me a little crazy just waiting. LOL

No more water has come out, so I'm wondering if I just had a massive bladder leak? Could I be THAT clueless after 3 previous kiddos? I think what has me questioning it the most, is that with the boys I felt a very distinct (and uncomfortable) POP when my water broke.. this time it was just suddenly gushing wetness.

Ok.. so that's it.

Oh, and today is my dad's birthday!
God bless!

Advertisement

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm 90% sure my water broke!

that's exactly how mine was with DS2. I leaked all day. Every time I stood up it felt like I wet my pants. Finally went in and when she went to put the pad under me it GUSHED lol So you might have a little hole that got bigger. Like when you poke a small hole at the knot of a balloon...it leaks out, but doesn't pop
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
that's exactly how mine was with DS2. I leaked all day. Every time I stood up it felt like I wet my pants. Finally went in and when she went to put the pad under me it GUSHED lol So you might have a little hole that got bigger. Like when you poke a small hole at the knot of a balloon...it leaks out, but doesn't pop
Thanks. As I said, with all three boys there was a VERY distinct "pop," this one was just suddenly wet. LOL

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
A21Lee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If your water did break, some say it has a sweet smell, but if urine is really dilute (if you drink a lot of water) it might not smell like urine. It's hard to say. If it keeps leaking, probably your water broke and contractions will follow. Did you look at the liquid close up? Sometimes you can see particulate matter that you won't find in urine. When my water broke with my second, it was the middle of the night on the way to the hospital. Luckily I was sitting on a towel when it happened, but every street light we passed made the liquid sparkle because of the stuff that was floating in it. Best of luck!
A21Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
How exciting!

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #6
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I went through this with stefan. Ive always been 40 weeks and later so to be 37ish weeks and have a slow leak was totally not the norm for me. It was a leak from the top so it wasnt a lot like most have when your water breaks. i was super confused and wasnt sure at first. My mw did the blue strip like yours prob will at your apt. My water broke wed night and he wasnt born till friday morning! I def waited a while.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #7
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had a small leak with my youngest. Just felt like extra gushes of wetness every once in a while, but nothing huge or obvious. I waited 18 hours for my labour to start and eventually just called my midwives because nothing was happening aside from the extra wetness. They confirmed a leak and DD was born the next morning (via c-section after failed VBAC induction). Lesson learned: if you're unsure, call and get checked! EARLY in the process!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #8
irishmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Definitely keep us updated..... I'm not even pg, I just stalk all of you
Old 09-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
Mommy2Be08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thinking of you mama!
Jocelyne mommy 4 beautiful boys! Baby#5 Due August 2014 I'm Shaving my head to conquer childhood cancer! http://www.stbaldricks.org/participa...ge/675375/2014
Mommy2Be08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #10
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Exciting! Try this.... lay down for a little bit, if at all possible kind of elevated to where your bottom half is more elevated than your top half... imagine trying to get baby to slide toward your lungs, and away from your cervix. Lay there for just a little bit, and then get up and see if anything comes out again.

When my water broke with my 3rd, it was a quick gush.. and then nada. Two hours between the time it broke and when we got to the hospital and my new pair of undies were completely dry. They elevated me like I described in the bed for a minute, then I got up and there was another gush. Turns out I just had a "small" leak and babies head was plugging it, lol.

G/L mama!