Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #11
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Miscarrage help :(

Many, many
I'm sorry for your loss.

I have had 5 m/c (all before 6wks) and I did go to the Dr (and emerg, and u/s) for one of them. I would never go again. It's a total waste of time, they treat you like you were never really pregnant so it shouldn't matter at all, and they tell you nothing you didn't all ready know but they put you through a lot of tests and crap to do so.

For all the rest, I've just waited to see how I feel after the bleeding stops. I've always felt really bad, with heavy bleeding and cramping, until I pass the sac, then suddenly it changes to just a "normal AF" feeling and finishes out that way.

What I'm trying (poorly) to say is - wait and see how you're feeling in the next couple weeks. If you start feeling sick, having cramps or pain or tenderness in your pelvis, or just something feels off, then go get checked out. But don't bother if you're feeling normal (physically, anyways).
It's just a lot more added pain and discomfort when you're all ready feeling so hurt and sensitive.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #12
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

I'm also voting to skip the doc. I had a mc at 4-5 weeks without a positive pregnancy test (didn't think to take one since my cycle is usually at least that long anyway). I went to the OB thinking I might have an ectopic pregnancy or a bursting cyst because the pain was so crazy, not like a normal period at all. Now that I've been through labor I know what it really was. For some reason the OB didn't even think MC (???) and instead had me get an emergency ultrasound to look for cysts, but no bloodwork. The emergency ultrasound was pointless since the final pains had ceased the day before so there was nothing to see. Overall it was a lot of stress for something that couldn't be changed. I got pregnant the next cycle without really trying, and now I have an 8 month old little boy!
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #13
clothdipemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
I'm sorry for your loss.

I would skip the doctor's blood tests, too... if you are curious about hcg levels, just take a HPT in a week or two and see if you are still testing positive or not. That's what I think I would do to see if/when my levels went back down to zero.
I am so sorry for your loss

I had my loss at almost 8 weeks. I did HPT and until 1 1/2-2 weeks and then it was negative. I figured if I was testing negative everything should of naturally taken care of itself.

We got pregnant 2 weeks after our ms and my baby will be 1 on Sunday. Prayers for you and your body.
Wife 09/06, and Mom to GirlBabyr02/08 BoyBabyr 10/09 and GirlBabyr 09/11 and #4 :Girlbabyr 08/13

Last edited by clothdipemama; 09-14-2012 at 09:27 PM.
clothdipemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #14
mommychay
Registered Users
seller

Thanks so much everyone for the support! I'm gonna vote no myself now, drs can be so insensitive!!! I'm so sorry for all your losses as well! My body seems back to "normal" but the emotional toll is what's horrible I've been battling cervical cancer since I was 14(21 now) and ive had so many procedures.. The drs warned me about this but baby fever took over and got the best of me
mommychay is offline   Reply With Quote