Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2012, 09:38 PM   #11
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Buyer requested a refund, what should I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3boys1girl View Post
yeah 3 weeks is a long time to have something before contacting the seller for a flaw!
right. and I know she used it, she even sent me a pic of her wearing her baby. I'm not saying she's lying, but at this point there is no way to tell if it was damaged when I sold it. because even if it was, obviouisly she didn't notice it either

Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #12
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would submit any pictures and communication to pp she sent you regarding it before the pp claim was filed
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #13
lovewool
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't believe you owe her anything. You disclosed flaw in the ad and she's had it for way long to be asking for a refund now.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #14
lovewool
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
Rather than responding to my msg, she went through PP and requested a full refund. Is there anything I can do now besides refund her?
Also, I'm pretty sure it is ds policy to contact a mod and try to work things out before filing with paypal. I highly doubt the store you bought it from tried to conceal the flaw by sewing it up. Did they sell it to you with the flaw disclosed? Sorry if I missed that.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #15
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This wasn't a DS transaction. And the flaw wasn't disclosed to me, but it was bought new in box (well, bag rather) so likely the store had no clue it was there. As far as the other flaws, I didnt notice them, but then again neither did she.

PP claim as already been filed. I offered her a partial refund (more than I offered originally) so hopefully she takes that offer. I dont want it back, or need it back
Old 09-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #16
lovewool
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
This wasn't a DS transaction.
Ah bummer! I am pretty sure the mods here wouldn't allow her to try to return an item she had for 3 weeks and used!
Old 09-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #17
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
right. and I know she used it, she even sent me a pic of her wearing her baby. I'm not saying she's lying, but at this point there is no way to tell if it was damaged when I sold it. because even if it was, obviouisly she didn't notice it either

Woven wraps tend to have little "flaws".
An actual rip,no.
Flaws yes.

Mention in paypal that you described it as being flawed,link to the listing so they can see it. Mention too that she has had it three weeks and obviously used it based on the picture you saw of her child in it.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #18
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ View Post
Woven wraps tend to have little "flaws".
An actual rip,no.
Flaws yes.

Mention in paypal that you described it as being flawed,link to the listing so they can see it. Mention too that she has had it three weeks and obviously used it based on the picture you saw of her child in it.
Will do. I'm starting to wonder if I should even try to settle this with her or let it go to PP. I mean, even if she had in fact bought it with the flaws, they must have not been noticable since she went 3 weeks without noticing them. This is of course if they were there. there is no way to confirm that at this point.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #19
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Well, i offer a bigger partial refund and she needs a couple days to think about it. She claims if she repairs it, she will never be able to sell it, which is bunk because ive seen dozens of fixed flawed wraps sell for the price she woukd be getting it at.
In her claim, she stated that the wrap has a different tag and that indicates it was re-hemmed.
In the meantime, i have taken into my own hands to defend myself. I emailed pp my pic of the flaw i found, info on why its fixable and NOT compromising on safety as she claims, pics of different tags indicating the tags change from time to time and does not mean it was altered and the pic she sent me of her wearing it proving she's had it for at least 2.5 weeks at this point.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #20
Lanae
Registered Users
Formerly: Lanae~1st time mom
seller

Location: Hawaii-Oahu, DH-Deployment to Iraq, My home state-TN
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76
Well, i offer a bigger partial refund and she needs a couple days to think about it. She claims if she repairs it, she will never be able to sell it, which is bunk because ive seen dozens of fixed flawed wraps sell for the price she woukd be getting it at.
In her claim, she stated that the wrap has a different tag and that indicates it was re-hemmed.
In the meantime, i have taken into my own hands to defend myself. I emailed pp my pic of the flaw i found, info on why its fixable and NOT compromising on safety as she claims, pics of different tags indicating the tags change from time to time and does not mean it was altered and the pic she sent me of her wearing it proving she's had it for at least 2.5 weeks at this point.
At this point, I would let pp decide. If you end back up with it and it has been obviously used since you sold it with new flaws... You can call pp and they can reverse the refund. At this point it sounds like she's only doing this because she wants $$. This is a new scam, use the product and when pp window is closing, file a claim and return it. Does she have good standing fb? If not, I'd think it's a scam.
Lanae is offline   Reply With Quote