Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2012, 05:08 AM   #1
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I dont know how you do it...(bedsharing)

Ds2 climbed into bed with me at 4 this morning. I pretty much haven't slept since!! He's a bed hog and constantly rolling around...moving his legs, kicking me, switching positions...he almost fell off the bed!!

Not sure I'm cut out for bedsharing!! This mama is tired!!!

**not intended to debate and I'm not disagreeing or pointing fingers at ANYONE...just gaining a reason for my slight zombie-like status posts until my coffee kicks in.

Advertisement

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:34 AM   #2
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Lol Love the disclaimer

Dd1 is really hard to sleep with-always has been but getting a *little* better at 7.5. I slept with her on friday and got bopped in the face twice. At least she didnt kick me in the back or throw her legs on top of me like she use too lol Dd2 on the other hand just lays there or gently puts her arm around my neck if she wakes up. Its very sweet

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #3
Pampered Mama
Registered Users
Formerly: JASMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I dont know how you do it...(bedsharing)

Ehh- sleeps overrated. For those of us who cosleep from a young age, you get used to it :-) and often, you get a bigger bed. We have a king with a crib sidecarred- though they have yet to use it!

Pampered Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:42 AM   #4
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is usually the stage we stop co-sleeping, when it seems like no one is getting sleep anymore! For my boys that was around 7-8 months we started the long and slow transition to their beds, but daughter was a cuddler, so more like 15 months with her.

DS1 used to turn sideways and literally try and kick my poor husband out of bed
Old 09-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

When little people get up and crawl into my bed, I now get up and go in theirs! I love the idea of a family bed but frankly most of the time I can't even sleep with DH in the bed. Between his snoring and kids kicking, I'd rather sleep alone on the couch!
isabelsmummy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

My 2.5 year old has always been such a snuggler, it's never been much of an issue with him.

My 10 month old, though, is a piece of work. I swear she gives me a new bruise or two every night.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #7
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelsmummy
When little people get up and crawl into my bed, I now get up and go in theirs! I love the idea of a family bed but frankly most of the time I can't even sleep with DH in the bed. Between his snoring and kids kicking, I'd rather sleep alone on the couch!
I've gone and slept with DS in his room a couple of times and just let DH and DD fight it out in our bed, lol.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

DH and I bedshare and I swear a 5 month old baby is bigger than my 6 ft 3 in 15 yr old. At least he is at night. I am loving the snuggles, but not the wiggles.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #9
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

That's funny. I don't know how we do it either we have a queen and have with all our babies. They don't get kicked out until about 18 to 20 months. But you are so right. Those little ones take up most of the bed. we must have gotten used to it though. Aside from the occasional stuff neck we are all rested in the morning.
jamie714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:05 PM   #10
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I shared a twin bed until I was 13. I am used to the wiggling bodies. I just push them over sternly tell them to stop it, roll over and go back to sleep. That is if I even wake up enough for it to bother me. I rouse easily for a tiny wiggly nb but older kids don't faze me.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote