Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Have you ever had a slightly odd birthday party theme?

My 4.5 year old has decided she would like skeletons. She wants her cake to be black with a skeleton with purple bones and a pink heart. It's not just a random thing, she really likes skeletons. She has since she was 2, she loves to look at pictures of skeletons of all different animals and talk about all the different bones.

Anyhow... I will probably manage to talk her into something else as it might be a bit scary to some kids, haha. But have you ever had a little bit of a weird party theme?

Advertisement

Old 09-15-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Have you ever had a slightly odd birthday party theme?

I had a Vegas party... in third grade. I am not sure where I got the idea for this because my parents aren't insane gamblers or anything and I wasn't exposed to that much TV. Nonetheless, they threw me a Vegas party. I had a craps table, poker, and blackjack. You couldn't lose, only win. Everyone started off with the same amount of chips and then there were 30 prizes for the 30 kids, and the person with the most chips at the end picked first for their party favor, and so on.

My uncle was dealing blackjack and my dad was explaining craps. Every parent stayed for that party and my parents ended up setting out other tables by the pool and the adults all went over there. The pics are hilarious.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar View Post
I had a Vegas party... in third grade. I am not sure where I got the idea for this because my parents aren't insane gamblers or anything and I wasn't exposed to that much TV. Nonetheless, they threw me a Vegas party. I had a craps table, poker, and blackjack. You couldn't lose, only win. Everyone started off with the same amount of chips and then there were 30 prizes for the 30 kids, and the person with the most chips at the end picked first for their party favor, and so on.

My uncle was dealing blackjack and my dad was explaining craps. Every parent stayed for that party and my parents ended up setting out other tables by the pool and the adults all went over there. The pics are hilarious.
LOL! That's hilarious!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
monkeymama07
Registered Users
seller

My son Sants planta versus zombies
Old 09-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would probably let her have her skeleton party! It could be so cute, and very child-friendly!

We haven't done any odd themes... DS2's first birthday had a Halloween theme, but his birthday is close to Halloween so I don't think it was weird. We used jack-o-lanterns as table centerpieces, and our "colors" were black, orange, and green. The birthday cake was frankenstein's face, with a matching smash cake. For party favors, I filled trick-or-treat bags with a baby pumpkin, a little candy, and a board book about Halloween. Everyone came in costume. It was awesome!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #6
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dd3 had a skeleton party for her fourth bday. I got a ton if the decorations from Target right after Halloween...they had a lot if the hot pink and black skeleton stuff then. We made it really girly. I found the cutest cupcakes too...I'll have to post some pics in a few.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #7
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would do a skeleton party

If you think it would creep some kids out, can you convince her to choose her favorite animal and have it an animal skeleton?

Maybe she'll grow up to be a doctor or an anatomy professional of some sort.

You can get those awesome plyboard skeleton puzzles. Mostly you see them for dinosaurs, elephants, things like that. They would be great giveaways.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #8
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Skeleton is not weird to me You could even maybe use some of the monster high stuff without the characters. DD had a Boston Terrier birthday cake when she was 2yo. We didn't even have one.