Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #11
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Re: babywise

Is this the one that promotes the eat/play/sleep routine? If so, I did read some of that book. I wish I had read more, but I was so dang tired with our first DS that I couldn't make myself get through it all. But I did think it had a lot of great points and every day I log on here and read all the threads about 2 year olds still waking multiple times a night, I am so thankful that I helped DS learn to sleep properly as an infant.

Advertisement

Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #12
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensmyname View Post
I know there are people here who are very anti-babywise, which is why I asked if anyone here uses it. I am respectful of most any way anyone wants to raise their children and I would hope for the same in return.
I know what you mean.. and I loved babywise. I realized I'd made soooo many mistakes with dd1 when I read it before having dd2.. dd2 was sooo much happier when I understood about awake times. But babywise is a topic like circumcision and vaccination that quickly goes downhill around here! lol!
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #13
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Not to sound dumb here but what is baby wise?!
Is it like Ferber or the no cry sleep solution?
4 babies and I have never heard of it. Lol
mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #14
bea2269
Registered Users

I wouldn't start a fire with that book. You should google Ezzo. He has no medical training, and the aap have spoken out against his methods and linked them to failure to thrive. I would look into Dr Jay Gordon or someone reputable. I am in no way bashing your parenting decisions, but I hope that you will at least check into Babywise a bit more. There are definitely better options out there. I wish the best, and I mean no offense.
bea2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #15
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancermommy1 View Post
No. I do not like it.
me neither, i hide those kinds of books when im at the library or bookstore
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #16
megenic
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor
Is this the one that promotes the eat/play/sleep routine? If so, I did read some of that book. I wish I had read more, but I was so dang tired with our first DS that I couldn't make myself get through it all. But I did think it had a lot of great points and every day I log on here and read all the threads about 2 year olds still waking multiple times a night, I am so thankful that I helped DS learn to sleep properly as an infant.
No, that's the baby whisperer :-)
Old 09-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #17
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by megenic View Post
No, that's the baby whisperer :-)

Its also Babywise! They are kind of similar in a lot of ways! Baby Whisperer says you should never let a baby cry alone though, but that crying is ok.
loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #18
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bea2269
I wouldn't start a fire with that book. You should google Ezzo. He has no medical training, and the aap have spoken out against his methods and linked them to failure to thrive. I would look into Dr Jay Gordon or someone reputable. I am in no way bashing your parenting decisions, but I hope that you will at least check into Babywise a bit more. There are definitely better options out there. I wish the best, and I mean no offense.
Yikes! I just googled the book, supposedly, his publisher even dropped him because they realized the method was dangerous, and now he self publishes. *smh*

......you should see what my posts look like BEFORE auto correct.
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #19
crunch!910
Registered Users

I've read a little bit about that, and it sounds so extremely cruel. I nurse on demand and respond to my child's needs.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #20
mama23boyz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensmyname
Any of you have any experience with babywise and reflux? My son in on zantac and I just can't let him cry for very long. Any advice?
If he has reflux, letting him cry at all, especially laying down will increase reflux thus causing more crying and pain. Wearing DS3 helped a lot because he was most comfortable being upright.