Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #251
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra
Oh I agree. Like I've said, I really did do the die-hard AP myself with my young ones and loved it! I just like to think that in today's age that even if one doesn't stick to the ages past way, that it's still not a wrong choice. Does that make sense?
Heck I nursed my youngest until he self weaned. I didn't have a cycle for 15 months after his birth and then it was scant for a while. I totally fed on demand pretty much during all those 3 years.

Awesome!! Where did you get the dress?? Now I want to see some other wedding pics! Get to O/T and get some wedding pics up!
Haha I'll have to do that some day! I got my dress at a local wedding and pageant gown retailer--it wasn't on the rack, but I found it in a Mary's Bridal catalog. Fell in love the second I saw it. Didn't look at another page or gown ever again.

Advertisement

March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:19 PM   #252
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane

How long was his awake time from nap to nap? If it is more than 2 hours then you are putting him down after he is already tired and he won't be able to get in the right sleep cycle. Have you ever been overtired and had a horrible night sleep? Kind of the same thing. I would keep the time from nap wake up to next nap lay down within 2 hours.
90 minutes!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #253
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane

Ok that is why I asked to clear it up. I didn't want to assume. It sounded like they weaned from nursing at that age, not from the dreamfeed.

Again, just clarifying. I don't want someone to read this and think you shouldn't nurse if you are sick. I didn't read that you were talking about only when you are hospitalized with a serious illness.

Maybe it is the tone I'm reading, but the "yes dear" kind of rubs me wrong...

I agree and never said that. I think it is obvious that the length of bf'ing ranges widely for everyone. I was just curious what long term meant for you. That's all. I just don't get the snark. I'm only trying to clarify things I might have missed or didn't have the whole picture to.
I took it too mean she had a back supply for if "her" supply got low because of being sick.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #254
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: babywise

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMQEMCABOOSE View Post
I believe many of those posters could be helped by routine and and eat-play-sleep and what sleep cues looks like and some variety of order. I also understand some babies will not be as they have health or developmental concerns that require special attention. I don't profess one solution works for everyone all the time. What I can say is IME not all babies experience sleep troubles or phases of sleeplessness. It doesn't have to be that way for all babies nor is that normal in all families and all babies.
But what you consider a sleep trouble is actually normal in infant/child development. Serveral times a year *most* babies will in fact have trouble sleeping due to growth spurt, teething and milestones. Those are normal. Yes I believe mother's should learn sleepyness cues. Also *most* babies will put themselves in their own routine which works for the baby. It will change over time as baby gets older and requires more awake hours in the day and more asleep hours at night.

ETA: And I'm not picking on you to try and say that BW is horrible and you're horrible and that all those BW babies that you know are going to hate their parents. Or anything like that. I don't doubt that you are a loving mother with healthy children, as I think most mom/children pairs are regardless of their way of parenting. I am just concerned with the teachings of the BW books that pretty much disregard normal development, and I don't want moms to read this and think they have a horrible baby for not sleeping on a schedule or that a schedule would magically fix the totally normal things (or unnormal if they have a child with a disability) a baby goes through. And to also remind moms that most of these things are normal and they do pass. It always seems like forever when you're going through it, but it's really only a short time in hindsight.

Last edited by JennTheMomma; 09-17-2012 at 10:37 PM.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #255
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylove921 View Post
I took it too mean she had a back supply for if "her" supply got low because of being sick.
Yup, my supply tanks if I have a virus or take any cold medication at all or if the naughty AF is visiting. Just makes me more comfortable that if the LO wants to eat more than I have for whatever reason, there's 500oz of liquid gold close at hand. I also like having stash in case of serious illness or hospitalization or something. Piece of mind for me.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #256
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMQEMCABOOSE

Yup, my supply tanks if I have a virus or take any cold medication at all or if the naughty AF is visiting. Just makes me more comfortable that if the LO wants to eat more than I have for whatever reason, there's 500oz of liquid gold close at hand. I also like having stash in case of serious illness or hospitalization or something. Piece of mind for me.
How long will BM last in the freezer? I thought it was only 3 months.
jamie714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #257
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

^ 6-12 months. After 6 months you should do the "see, taste, smell" test. If it looks ok, tastes ok and smells ok then it can be used.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:39 AM   #258
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

And I *think* in a deep freeze it's a solid year that it lasts. But I haven't read up on it in a awhile. I'm so jealous of those who are good pumpers My DS nursed like a champ and had all he needed but to pump, eeeks I would get maybe an ounce!
Old 09-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #259
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Unfortunately, the parenting forum is filled daily with other families struggling with exhaustion and frustration and exasperation.
People usually post when they have a problem. When everything is sunshine and rainbows they *usually* don't come and post "my baby/toddler is sleeping so well! I'm just so happy about it!!! <3" Well, they might if they've been having sleep issues It's like diaper chatter, you see posts with problems and people looking for help not "my routine is great! No leaks, rashes, ammonia at all!" Posts are *usually* people with some problem/issue and they're looking for advice. We may not agree with their methods that got them in their situation or with solutions other people offer but everybody has differing opinions on everything under the sun.

Me? I don't do babywise but have a routine/baby set schedule. It works for us. Read BW with dd1 - did not work at all. Maybe because I was a ftm? IDK, she's still a strong willed, independent, stubborn, love-able 2.5 year old with a mind of her own and doesn't always sttn even now. Dd2, sttn from like 2 weeks, had a regression due to teeth and is settling back in to sttn at 6 months.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:01 AM   #260
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie714 View Post
How long will BM last in the freezer? I thought it was only 3 months.
I have a deep freeze in my garage, but I am always updating stash since I donate. Nothing like feeding 3 babies to keep your milk stash up to date .
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote