Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #21
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
Re: babywise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensmyname View Post
Any cd moms following babywise? Would love to connect!
We love Babywise. I read it and applied some parts when I felt comfortable with DS1. Not till he was 9/10 months.
DS2 is only 4 months. He has no schedule. We will start around the same time.

Advertisement

Old 09-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #22
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
Is this the one that promotes the eat/play/sleep routine? If so, I did read some of that book. I wish I had read more, but I was so dang tired with our first DS that I couldn't make myself get through it all. But I did think it had a lot of great points and every day I log on here and read all the threads about 2 year olds still waking multiple times a night, I am so thankful that I helped DS learn to sleep properly as an infant.
Eat/play/sleep is the EASY routine as outlined by The Baby Whisperer series. This is my favorite baby book series and I have used it with success for my three kids and my daycare kids. There are a few things here and there that dont work for my situation but this is the best series by far compared to others. From what I remember of Babywise, it is too strict, even for someone like me that thrives on routine. I find the Baby Whisperer to be better because she accounts for your childs personality type versus a one size fits all approach. My kids were sleeping thru the night (12 hours straight) by 5 to 8 months (depending on the kid) and yes this was also while we were co sleeping/room sharing/breast feeding so I dont think the techniques are exclusive to AP type parents (although I dont consider myself AP).
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #23
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage View Post
I DO put all my daycare babies on a sleeping schedule, and it does make it a whole lot easier on everybody. I put them down at roughly the same time every day, and they happily go to sleep. I have no idea why though.
Some people have "the gift." I've seen it with a lady I interviewed as a possible sitter for DS1 a looong time ago. She could just hold a baby or toddler, love on them just right, and they were out and stayed out. She was like magic.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #24
UmmKira
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever

Some people have "the gift." I've seen it with a lady I interviewed as a possible sitter for DS1 a looong time ago. She could just hold a baby or toddler, love on them just right, and they were out and stayed out. She was like magic.
I need that magic. Both my girls have been absolutely awful at going to bed. And yes, we are one of those families that still wake multiple times with an almost 2 year old.

Sent from my phone using DS Forum... Typos complements of Swype

Come check out my homeschool blog!
UmmKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #25
bea2269
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever

That is amazing! I never trained mine. They settled into their own schedules, and it has never been all too bad. I do have one though that just doesn't require a lot of sleep. She wears me out!
bea2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #26
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Won't use it, especially after seeing a well meaning mother with a failure to thrive baby caused by the Ezzo method.

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #27
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Read it when I was a new mom. Tried it a bit but it didn't feel right for me. Ended up being AP (sortof) naturally. Just do what feels right to you. Good luck.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #28
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

I read it when my first was an infant and tried it. I hated it and it felt wrong to me. In my opinion babies should be held and they only let us for so long and then they move on. I want to cherish the years that I can hold and rock my baby. On the other hand I have friends who do use it and love it. There kids seem healthy.
jamie714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #29
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Read first chapter and threw it away. I don't agree with not letting your NB infant nurse on demand and don't agree with letting a NB cry it out.
momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #30
jensmyname
Registered Users
seller

I seriously respect everyone's opinions. I don't use it fully...mostly use The Baby Whisperer which is a gentler version of Baby Wise. It's been great for both my babies. I know that each baby is different, my two are night and day different, and one way isn't always going to work for every baby.

Let's mama's stick together and encourage one another instead of pointing fingers and judging. Raising kids is hard enough!!
jensmyname is offline   Reply With Quote