Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Feedback ettiquette?

This might sound dumb, but I am curious about feedback ettiquette on DS.

Unfortunately, I lost all of my FB when I combined accounts - I was told that sometimes this happens when accounts are combined & that there is no way to recover it. Oh well, such is life. But now I have only 3 FB scores now & that is after doing 15 sales/trades recently, not to mention 3 FFS things that I did for 3 different people. I've always left FB when payment is made by the party I'm working with. It's just easier to get it done with & if someone pays, I figure, they are done with their end. And if I receive my end of a trade, I leave FB for that. But I am just not getting FB left for me & I have even sent a friendly reminder to the people that I know have received their items (& it's been 2+ weeks after they got them, I'm not bugging them the day it gets there or anything). But still, it seems like a lot of people just don't leave it.

I had another mama suggest to wait to leave FB for others until I receive FB from the other person... but really, that seems like holding FB hostage. Either that or both of us can be sitting around waiting to leave FB for the other.

While I know there is no way I can force someone to leave any FB, I just find it frustrating & more and more I am just not selling/trading on here b/c of that. So, my question is, what is proper FB ettiquette for DS?

Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feedback ettiquette?

I think buyer should leave fb first so the seller knows it arrived and that they are satisfied.
earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #3
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I know for me, I usually wait until the end of the week and do everyone's at the same time. It does not bug me at all if some one reminds me though . Off to leave you feedback now
Old 09-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthflower View Post
I think buyer should leave fb first so the seller knows it arrived and that they are satisfied.
I agree. As a buyer, I always leave feedback as soon as the item arrives and I have a chance to look over it. As a seller, I wait until I hear from the buyer that everything is good . Although, I've noticed that people rarely leave feedback anymore... not sure if it's because they're on the app, or they just don't do it, but it's annoying.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
almostcrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This happened to me. They were able to save my join date and post count, but not my feedback.

I just put a link to my "old" feedback and my ebay feedback in my signature until I had built up new feedback.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse View Post
I agree. As a buyer, I always leave feedback as soon as the item arrives and I have a chance to look over it. As a seller, I wait until I hear from the buyer that everything is good . Although, I've noticed that people rarely leave feedback anymore... not sure if it's because they're on the app, or they just don't do it, but it's annoying.
Me too, leave feedback when I get the item as a buyer (never sold on here). And I've also noticed that sellers aren't leaving me feedback anymore, I've made waaaayyyy more than 12 purchases! Maybe newer subscribers don't know about it?
Old 09-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmonkeysmommy1 View Post
I know for me, I usually wait until the end of the week and do everyone's at the same time. It does not bug me at all if some one reminds me though . Off to leave you feedback now
Thanks - I appreciate it But know that this wasn't directed at you (or any ONE particular person). I wasn't even sure you got your box yet lol This is for the few handfuls of people that I've been trrading/selling with/to & gotten zilch from.

TY for all the replies. I think I may take some of your advice, ladies

And not that I am glad other people are experiencing the same issue, but at least I know it's not just "me."
Old 09-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #8
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

I don't believe in holding feedback hostage. IMO you are doing the right thing by leaving feedback after the buyer pays. They have finished their part of the transaction. I am notorious about not leaving feedback unless reminded. I do leave it immediately when I get a pm and every time, I say to myself, I am going to leave feedback right away and I forget until I get another pm.

There really isnt much you can do if people still arent leaving feedback after you send a friendly reminder. It stinks because accurate feedback helps all of us.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #9
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthflower View Post
I know how important feedback is so I always leave it the same day seller leaves it.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #10
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:

I believe somewhere on ds rules, it states to wait until the buyer or traders actually "receive the item" until fb is left. That is what I do, and I pm the person to let them know I received it and that I will be leaving their fb.

If I am selling, I wait for fb to be left for me, then I give return fb. Otherwise I have no way of knowing they ever received it and it could lead to problems with the transaction down the road in the event of their missing package or disappointment in the item, etc. So, the transaction isn't necessarily over until the packages are received and the member is happy. I do not consider that holding the fb hostage, just giving accurate information on the transaction. Just because the buyer paid doesn't mean their part is over, kwim? The deal can go downhill quickly if they have any sort of issue and are inpatient or have unreasonable expectations. It happens.