Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #21
KandFsMomma
Registered Users
Formerly: keirinsmomma
seller

My Mood:
Re: "what's the lowest you'll take"

If it was listed at $20ppd, I'd probably say $18ppd, or as previously stated ask what they are thinking/what works for them.

Side note, I would NOT give my paypal addy to this person until we agreed on an amount. What if someone pm'd a second later and wanted to buy for your asking price?

It drives me nuts that people just hand out their PP addy to multiple people and refund whoever payed last.

Advertisement

Old 09-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #22
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks everyone. I am glad I am not the only one who is irked by that, I wasn't sure if I was being unreasonable. I understand wanting to get a good deal, but if I can't afford a price for something I want, I either offer what I feel comfortable with or I say "i know this is much lower than your asking price, no offense is meant, but I am only willing to pay X, so if you still have it after a while and just want it gone, I'll take it then." as far as being the seller, I don't know why someone is asking for a lower price. I assume they have a top dollar they are willing to spend, I can either say yes or no. What if my answer is $17ppd and they say they only have $16.57 in PP. Well why not just offer that to start with, and say "that's all I have." it just saves time, IMO, we just got there sooner.

I guess the buyer was happy with my response, as she paid I just wasn't sure if what I did was the right thing.

I don't give my paypal to multiple people. I never said that. I give it to the first person who shows interest, and anyone else after that gets a message answering any questions but a disclaimer saying that there is a line, and their place in it. I always honor first come, first serve, even though sometimes I end up selling for less than if I went with the second offer. Neg feedback isn't worth getting an extra dollar.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #23
KandFsMomma
Registered Users
Formerly: keirinsmomma
seller

My Mood:

My comment about giving out your pp addy was not directed at you Momma
Old 09-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #24
VinhThiMom
Vinh Thi Designs
Formerly: chrisnsteph1022
seller
seller

My Mood:

I sold something on Craigslist and he showed up just a few minutes ago. It was a $60 cozy coupe that I listed for $10 so it'd go quick. He shows up and asks if I'd take $8. I said nope and he handed me a $10. I figured he wouldn't have driven out to my house if he wasn't willing to pay what I was asking.

As for on here, I'd just respond with the listed price. I only do discounts if it's been sitting for weeks, or they're getting multiple items.

VinhThiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #25
Laylas_Mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinhThiMom View Post
I sold something on Craigslist and he showed up just a few minutes ago. It was a $60 cozy coupe that I listed for $10 so it'd go quick. He shows up and asks if I'd take $8. I said nope and he handed me a $10. I figured he wouldn't have driven out to my house if he wasn't willing to pay what I was asking.
Seriously? What did he want you to do, give him $2 back in change? People floor me.

(.Y.)exclusive pumper alumni(.Y.)
member of BWI of Hampton Roads, ask me about babywearing!
Laylas_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #26
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Seriously? What did he want you to do, give him $2 back in change? People floor me.
Sounds like the car hop at our sonic where I once placed like a $12.00ish order when they came I gave the gal a $20 and she asked if I needed change...

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #27
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmommy

Sounds like the car hop at our sonic where I once placed like a $12.00ish order when they came I gave the gal a $20 and she asked if I needed change...
Wishful thinking? LOL
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #28
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hmmn I'm sorry if I have ever said that to someone & ticked them off. Most of my years here I have just paid the asking price or offered a few bucks less if it was a higher item. In the past year, EVERYBODY ok fine 90% of the people offer less than I am asking. This happens even if they can see I have reduced the price several times & have it listed as such. I started listing my prices a bit higher. I sell lots of things here & on CL or Facebook. Almost nobody pays the listed price. People say that to me so I started saying it to others. Good thing I'm pretty much stash happy so I won't need to buy anything else & upset them. Sorry. I really didn't mean to offend.

As for me, the only thing that irks me is it somebody gives me a sob story about why I should give it to them for free or offer $5 for a worn once $25 item.

Jodie ~ wife & mama

Last edited by P!nkPepper; 09-16-2012 at 05:05 PM.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #29
vmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would just answer the question. If you have something listed for $20, what's the lowest you would take? I usually only go down a few dollars, so I would tell her I would take $17. It's not really a big deal.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #30
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

any offer is a good offer and deserving of a counter-offer, you can always say
thanks, I appreciate the offer – really I do, but I have to pass on it at this time.
earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote