Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #31
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basic Weekend

We had a lovely day. We got too much new stuff for MH but sbe really had very little flr school so now she is set.

Now we are having a lazy evening and will head to Gallup early tomorrow morning.

Advertisement

jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:54 AM   #32
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

I'm as sick as.

I could in theory go to the doctor on Monday because I am sick...then I'd still get paid for Monday but I wont....I will however make sure they know that.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:18 AM   #33
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What's everyone doing today?
Old 09-16-2012, 06:23 AM   #34
ruvalokiteshvara
Registered Users

My Mood:
E and I are up. We will meal plan then go for groceries. Mel has planning to do. Relax. I see some football in my future!

Freethinker - Free Ranger - Free for All
ruvalokiteshvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:31 AM   #35
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvalokiteshvara View Post
E and I are up. We will meal plan then go for groceries. Mel has planning to do. Relax. I see some football in my future!
I think you should add some beer to that football watching Ru.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:36 AM   #36
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yesterday was busy! We had a garage sale (I made $28 lol) and then we had the fam over for supper so we had to clean the house and cook everything before they got here. And it was so nice. Completely relaxed and the kids were good (usually we only see everyone at bday parties or holidays) . This is the first one where we invited MIL too, and nephew. Often I would just ask if they want to stay since we had plenty but this time I made bbq's, pasta salad and get this : jello with mandarin oranges! Jeremy said I am a REAL farm girl now. hehehe
Anywho it was why we moved here really.
Today we are going to Fergus Falls after we finish up with chores and DH runs into town with the semi. We need to return some things and I am going to grocery shop. Plus Bella needs new undies, socks and a few tees.

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #37
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ru and E let me sleep in and I actually managed to sleep this morning! Woot! That was exciting!!

Ru and I have now made the meal plan and her and E will be leaving soon to get groceries. While they are gone I am going to work on school stuff. Need to get lessons planned for the week, get some items ready for my reading groups, and perhaps also request a few books from the library. Later I need to hit up the dollar store to pick up a few more baskets for various things in my classroom, and to hold the folders for the reading buddies program we are doing with the Grade 4s.

Sounds like a lovely time, Jess.

I know what you mean about too much stuff for the kid, Jen. I think E has about 10 pairs of pants for the fall. But, with school and work and my general practice of not doing laundry until the weekends, I would rather have too many than to little. I like the variety. And last year we had one week where he put hills in three pairs of pants.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #38
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
For MH we need 2 wardrobes. One for school one for Nallie's. Jerry has a bin in his car with play clothes for her to change into. For a while I wad holding off on getting nice stuff for school because many of her classmates can't afford it and had to get over that guilt and be ok with dressing her nicely. It is a fine line to walk.

We are on the road home with a few target bags and a box of bagels.

Last edited by jwjbbrown; 09-16-2012 at 09:47 AM.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #39
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hola mamacitas. Back from church/sunday school. We have signed up for a program called Dinner for Eight, where they pair up four couples who take turns having dinner parties at their houses. Sounded like a great way to meet people, then I realized I don't know that I have eight of anything for a dinner party (placemats, wineglasses, etc.). I mean I can do Corelle plates and canning jar glasses, Bekah LWI-dyed napkins, mismatched crocheted placemats (we color code where the kids sit so the don't fight over the favorite chair each meal, LOL), and leave Bo the Betta Fish as a centerpiece I suppose. But bonus, I finally will get to use the serving pieces that sit in a box except for Xmas and Thanksgiving.

I totally hear ya on too much clothes for the kiddos, but I have also found if I don't keep extra, they stain and rip things too fast. I also aim to wash each kids' clothes once a week, but usually a different kid gets skipped each week so they need 2 weeks worth in season available all the time. I just realized this week although Ian has quite a few dress pants and cords, they are all faded at the knee since they are handmedowns. And he has no sweatpants/casual pants that aren't too short. He's really a 5t for height and a 3T for width, so anything off the rack is either too short or looks like a drawstring potato sack. I'm seriously at a loss at what to do. You can't take in pants that much without it looking ridiculous. I already did it with his PJs.

Off to the grocery store. I am trying to get back into electronic couponing, and it messes me up when the kids or DH go with.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #40
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
E is just wearing flood pants this year, basically. I am not hemming kids pants, no thank you. So he is wearing 5s, when for length his really needs a 6x. Oh well. And we got him new rain boots yesterday. 1s. Ack.

For laundry, I sort by colour and not person, so I try to start Monday off with all of our clothes clean. It doesn't always quite work out that way, but it's close. I need to wash the bright colours today.

Sorting books for my class reading program. So. Much. Stuff.

I need to hit the dollar store. But should likely take a shower. I don't want to! It's the little things.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote