Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2012, 12:01 AM   #21
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone use glass bottles???

I am going with glass this time too. I really liked my Medela bottles last time. I have a Medela pump. It's nice that it's all interchangeable. Evenflo makes some super cheap glass bottles that fit the Medela pump and nipples. I just bought a bunch of them.

Advertisement

Old 09-16-2012, 06:47 AM   #22
JennyAnneC
Registered Users

Dr Brown!!! We started with the evenflo but ds1 got too much air. Switched to Dr Brown and still using them for ds3. We have had some break but are willow to deal with that to use glass. Bonus was they screw right in to a medela pump!
JennyAnneC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #23
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love my Green to Grow glass bottles. I'm pretty sure the company went out of business. I never used the nipples though, I used the Medela Calma.
Huxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #24
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just a note about the Evenflo, they're getting hard to find and a Buy Buy Baby employee said he thought they might be discontinued, since Evenflo is making a new style of bottle now. So snag some from Target (mine had them on clearance) or somewhere while you can. I definitely couldn't find the silicone sleeves for them *anywhere*. Also, some of the places the Evenflo are available online have the old rubber nipples and not the new silicone ones. So look closely at the description/picture.
Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #25
babyleon
Registered Users
seller

We use dr browns, my husband does believe it gives less gas to our baby (he didn't know its suppose to help w that) btw Its not a issue that is a glass bottle, it doesn't hold stinks so its a big plus.
babyleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #26
Zoethink
Registered Users
seller

We used lifefactory at first and really liked the silicone sleeve. We never broke one of those. Then we switched to munchkin when we needed the bigger size (got them on free cycle) and haven't looked back. DS broke one by throwing it onto the tile bathroom floor. I did make felted wool covers for the munchkins but I don't know if that would work as well as the silicone. I'm pretty controlling about how and when and where we use the bottles for fear of them breaking, but the times that we have dropped them they have been very sturdy!
Old 09-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #27
newtocloth2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Evenflo here. My son only had bottles 3 or so times a week, though, but they are quite sturdy. We do have a couple of the silicone sleeves, but never really used them.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #28
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to mention that, if you will be using a daycare, make sure they are okay with glass bottles. When I went back to work with DD my daycare, who was more than happy to use cloth diapers (so not generally inflexible), did not allow glass bottles.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #29
cedricsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had Medela ones since they were compatible with my breast pump. They don't break easely and I did not mind the weight since I only had the small boyyles (5 oz) , never used formula
Old 09-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #30
holly6737
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks for all of the advice!! I use a medela pump so I'm going to try to get a hold of some evenflo glass ones. Thanks!!