Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
2beauties
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Why am not going into labor?

My Doctor's EDD for me was Sept 7th. By my calculations it was closer to the 12th. This week every single night I have been having menstrual cramps and waking up with mucus plug and show. I have gone to the hospital twice thinking things would pick up with no change. The doc stripped my membranes last Monday and nothing. I keep thinking every night the cramps will get stronger and I will go into active labor. I am 4cm dilated. I am nervous because my last birth I did this and ended up going to the hospital at 7cm, not in labor. She broke my water and I did not even go into active labor until 9cm, for like 20 minuntes. I really don't want to get my water broken if I don't have too, but this is ridiculous. Any ideas that will help send me over the edge. We might try DTD again tonight, but it didn't do anything last night except keep me up all night. As soon as daylight hits, everything fizzles out. I am exhausted. HELP!

Oh and I live a good 40 minutes from the hospital so this freaks me out!

Thanks!

Advertisement

Last edited by 2beauties; 09-15-2012 at 02:46 PM.
2beauties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
yankeesundbound
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why am not going into labor?

breast pump stimulation? I have done it once, a few days ago. It didn't help me but you are farther along.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

DDC here... But DD2 was 8 days 'late' and I had 4 days of prodromal labour, after almost 6 weeks of really strong BH. What finally did it was giving up and just settling in to watch a good movie. It was Princess Bride. I laughed myself into labour I think!
Good luck mama, hope your baby is in your arms soon.

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #4
2beauties
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I tried the pump last Monday and it didn't work. How long are you supposed to do it?
Old 09-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

if you figure it out let me know.

I am currently 4cm. -1 station and having cramps, mild contractions but nothing else.

my last birth I didtn' have an actualy real contraction till right before my water broke and I was 10 cm and he was born less than 10 min later. So grand total of 20 min from "real contration" to delivery. I was just lucky i was already at the hospital for my regular OB appointment. they are in the same bulding

I am a good 25 min from the hospital and am home by myself with the boys Tues-Friday afternoon/even and all day Saturday.

i went in today and spent an hour and a half in triage and then the sent me home. Ugg

i feel for your. As of right now I have an induction scheduled for Tuesday. The stress is getting to be too much for me. As of right now I am keeping the appointment.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #6
yankeesundbound
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My midwife suggested 10 minutes on one side every hour, and to stop immediately if contractions started.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:27 AM   #7
jaguglia930
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beauties
My Doctor's EDD for me was Sept 7th. By my calculations it was closer to the 12th. This week every single night I have been having menstrual cramps and waking up with mucus plug and show. I have gone to the hospital twice thinking things would pick up with no change. The doc stripped my membranes last Monday and nothing. I keep thinking every night the cramps will get stronger and I will go into active labor. I am 4cm dilated. I am nervous because my last birth I did this and ended up going to the hospital at 7cm, not in labor. She broke my water and I did not even go into active labor until 9cm, for like 20 minuntes. I really don't want to get my water broken if I don't have too, but this is ridiculous. Any ideas that will help send me over the edge. We might try DTD again tonight, but it didn't do anything last night except keep me up all night. As soon as daylight hits, everything fizzles out. I am exhausted. HELP!

Oh and I live a good 40 minutes from the hospital so this freaks me out!

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squig'sMumMum
DDC here... But DD2 was 8 days 'late' and I had 4 days of prodromal labour, after almost 6 weeks of really strong BH. What finally did it was giving up and just settling in to watch a good movie. It was Princess Bride. I laughed myself into labour I think!
Good luck mama, hope your baby is in your arms soon.
What's dtd?
jaguglia930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #8
pinky74
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguglia930

What's dtd?
Do the deed . Get busy!
Old 09-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #9
2beauties
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Still no labor. This baby is going to be huge. My last was 9 lb6oz and I am past when I had him. Ahhhh
Old 09-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #10
bohemianllama
Registered Users
Formerly: mamallamapalooza
seller

Hang in there, mama. No one stays pregnant forever. It sounds like you are moving along nicely and at your own pace.

Perhaps you could postpone your next check a couple days if you need a break - provided all is still well with baby, of course. Take that time to just relax, focus on baby rather than the ways to help baby choose his/her birthday. Just for a day or two...so you can focus on relaxing.

You technically aren't overdue until 42 weeks. Might not be what a 40 week pregnant mama wants to hear, but you do still have some time before you are up all night with a newborn. Then they can't go back in.
bohemianllama is offline   Reply With Quote