Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
oldandnew
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Successful natural VBAC of Miss SMK!

The birth story of Miss Skyler Makenzie:
On Friday I got up to pee a little earlier than usual, 1:30am (normally 2:30) and had a little bit of upset tummy, figured it might have been dinner. Went back to bed. Woke up at 3:30am and stayed in the bathroom probably and hour between BMs and back pain...started wondering if I was in labor!
Went out front and was on FB at 4:30am lol...by 5:30 I was really uncomfortable and texted my Doula. She had me try a bath, which didn't help much. I had let my DH go to work but realized that I couldn't get DS to school (driving now impossible from pain) so I called him home and then I did a benadryl and tylenol to get some extra sleep. I think maybe an hour later I was up with stronger contractions, 5-7min apart 30sec long so we were still holding off he the doula coming over.

Eventually my only comfy position was on hands and knees over my ball in front of a fan and they stayed at 30sec long but stronger and only 2-3 min apart....I had DH load up the car shortly after my parents came over to stay with DS and the doula was on her way. Just as we got outside she pulled up but it took me another 15+min to get into the truck and comfy.
Contractions were 2min apart, 45sec long by the time we got to the hospital...took me a bit to get inside too.

DH got us checked in at 2:36pm - they checked me at 5-6cm and 100% effaced, -2. I apparently quickly moved through transition and next check I as complete with a lip and they rushed to get me from Triage to L&D. My water didn't break until late in pushing stage... which lasted about 30min and I came away with a 2nd degree tear - and a little girl 7lbs 4oz and 19.5" long!

The 'funniest' part - my doc is on call Fridays so I was happy about that - However, she couldn't make it from the other hospital in time! The hospitalist was in the room ready to deliver if needed but the other doc that wasn't as VBAC friendly that I had seen as well was sent over from the office at the hospital (just timing being at the end of the day for them!) and he ended up delivering me all natural!

Advertisement

Old 09-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #2
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Successful natural VBAC of Miss SMK!

congrats!
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats!!
Old 09-25-2012, 04:42 AM   #4
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Congrats mama!
Old 09-29-2012, 02:02 AM   #5
daenikoffre
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats! I'm a VBAC hopeful, too.
daenikoffre is offline   Reply With Quote