Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
KCmomma's Avatar
KCmomma
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: CO
Posts: 310
My Mood:
Stand my ground or cave?

DD-5 got into trouble and was sent to her room for time out. She decided to pull all her clothes out of her drawers and closet with lots of back talking. I told her in order to get out she had to put her clothes back in the dresser and her hang up clothes on her bed. It is coming up on dinner time and she has yet to pick up one single item. Should I let her out to eat dinner with the family or make her eat dinner in her room? Right now she is only allowed out of her room to potty.

Advertisement

KCmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #2
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,081
My Mood:
Re: Stand my ground or cave?

Since we don't allow food in the bedrooms, I would probably let her eat dinner. We have a eat in kitchen and a dinning room. I'd make her eat in the opposite. But, if you don't, I'd just let her eat. BUT, then straight back up.
__________________
Heather SAHM to 6 who are 7 and under, including 2 sets of twins and our last little miracle, a surviving identical twin, born Oct 2012!
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
Tina5834's Avatar
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 11,370
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmomma
DD-5 got into trouble and was sent to her room for time out. She decided to pull all her clothes out of her drawers and closet with lots of back talking. I told her in order to get out she had to put her clothes back in the dresser and her hang up clothes on her bed. It is coming up on dinner time and she has yet to pick up one single item. Should I let her out to eat dinner with the family or make her eat dinner in her room? Right now she is only allowed out of her room to potty.
I would let her eat it with the family, on a time limit, then send her back to clean up her clothes.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
AnimalHouse's Avatar
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,426
My Mood:
Re: Stand my ground or cave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
Since we don't allow food in the bedrooms, I would probably let her eat dinner. We have a eat in kitchen and a dinning room. I'd make her eat in the opposite. But, if you don't, I'd just let her eat. BUT, then straight back up.
__________________
Trying-to-stay-sane mama to four boys (5/07, 10/09, 7/11, and 11/12)
AnimalHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #5
Geckmumto3's Avatar
Geckmumto3
Registered Users
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: S. Ontario
Posts: 5,173
My Mood:
Re: Stand my ground or cave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette View Post
I would let her eat it with the family, on a time limit, then send her back to clean up her clothes.
This is what I would do, as well. In our house that would likely diffuse the frustration and allow her to reset.
Geckmumto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #6
cristy_1996's Avatar
cristy_1996
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 1,401
My Mood:
Re: Stand my ground or cave?

I'm mean, she would stay until she cleaned it up and if it wasn't cleaned up in time, she would go to bed without dinner. I think I would do that though because I know that would motivate both of my boys to get it cleaned up ASAP. They do NOT like to miss out on family time.
__________________
Wife to Rashaan , Mommy to Miles, Jai, Laila and our angel baby2/12.

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CristyGriffith
cristy_1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #7
Angel89411
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette

I would let her eat it with the family, on a time limit, then send her back to clean up her clothes.
Another vote for this.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #8
Mom2Connor's Avatar
Mom2Connor
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristy_1996
I'm mean, she would stay until she cleaned it up and if it wasn't cleaned up in time, she would go to bed without dinner. I think I would do that though because I know that would motivate both of my boys to get it cleaned up ASAP. They do NOT like to miss out on family time.
Seconded
__________________
Proud SAHM to Connor (8-6-10) and our little born 4-14-13
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #9
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,715
Re: Stand my ground or cave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristy_1996 View Post
I'm mean, she would stay until she cleaned it up and if it wasn't cleaned up in time, she would go to bed without dinner. I think I would do that though because I know that would motivate both of my boys to get it cleaned up ASAP. They do NOT like to miss out on family time.
I agree with this.
__________________
Kim-married to Dan
Mama to Caiti (17), Rae Rae (4), Dani Lee(2), and CJ, born 10/12/12.
Stuff From Kim's Kloset That Special Moment Photography Also come check out Swagbucks with me!
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #10
z2akids's Avatar
z2akids
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,423
Re: Stand my ground or cave?

She's five. Assuming she doesn't have diabetes or another condition that would make it dangerous.to.miss a mean, I would make her stay in her room and clean ecen if it meant missing a meal.
__________________
Jennifer
z2akids is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.