Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #11
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm goin to say read "wheat belly diet" and "south beach" you've got to get off the sugar roller coaster.

Good for you for quitting smoking!

Advertisement

Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #12
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Another thing mama, I've been quit smoking for nearly 6 years and I still have Nicotine losenges w me. They really do help curb the hand to mouth habit.
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #13
ZooMamaTo3
Registered Users
Formerly: ZooMamaTo2
seller

Re: how do I lose 10 lbs when i hate all healthy food!

My secret for the sweet craving at night (I am an ice cream-aholic) is a frozen banana blended with a tablespoon of peanut butter, and sometimes a few small dark chocolate chips. It is almost exactly like ice cream and it always hits the right spot. That was where I started with cutting my calories because it was the worst offender. Good luck!
Old 09-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #14
MaBacon
Registered Users
seller

I just finished the book In defense of food and it's an eye opener about the foods we ate and how we ate them. Also my go to snack is apple slices (i hate whole apples for some reason!) I cut them and take them with me- squirt lemon juice on them to keep them from browning - you cant taste it. Also I dip mine in smuckers natural PB. It's just peanuts and sea salt on the lable. It helps my sweet and salty craving and it's good in fiber to make me feel full really long. Start small by replacing one meal or snack a day and work up to it. You have a lot on your plate with quitting smoking (congrats by the way! that is awesome!) don't push yourself too fast or you'll fail
Old 09-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #15
Laylas_Mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

I know you asked for suggestions on what to eat but since you're only eating to satisfy the hand to mouth habit I wanted to suggest the electronic cigarettes. You can get the nicotine free filters and they also come in flavors. It's something that kept my bff from going back to the real thing.

(.Y.)exclusive pumper alumni(.Y.)
member of BWI of Hampton Roads, ask me about babywearing!
Laylas_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #16
nada87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I actually used an electronic cigarette to quit. It tasted like crap but when i tried to go back to real cigarettes they tasted worse. I donr think its the mouth thing so much any more as its habit and boredom. Next week (since i already shopped for this weeks mealplan) i am getting more fruit and veggies. Plus i am going to pack my dinner from monday as tuesdays lunch etc. that way i am eating the highest calorie meal while i have enough time in the day to burn them. Then at dinner i will have some fruit and veggies, maybe a yogurt.

I FOUND MY RAINBOW, NOW I AM CHASING MY POT OF GOLD
nada87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #17
Ferrum
Registered Users
seller
seller

I use Just Tomatoes Hot Veggies for munchies. It is freeze dried peas, corn, carrots, etc. Helps if you do alot of bored eating.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #18
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

If I were you, I would make a dietary chance, not go on a diet.

It was difficult when our family had to change diets for health reasons. It felt like we couldn't eat anything! But slowly, over a few weeks, our tastes changed. Once you cut out things like refined sugar, MSG, etc, you will realize that things have a ton of taste on their own. And lots of different flavors. Sugar can be addictive, just like a lot of other things. When you go grocery shopping, shop on the outsides & avoid the isles if you can (boxed/premade stuff, etc). Aim for whole foods, produce, etc. Make your calories count. You will feel better & look better & your body will adjust. I don't workout right now b/c of medical issues, but I did change my diet & that was just about 4-6 weeks ago, changing things gradually & cutting out sugar first, then other things one at a time. I dropped all my excess weight & let me tell you , I eat whenever I want & don't really have portions per say. I eat until I'm full, drink a lot of water (I rarely consume anything to drink other than water or herbal tea) & just ensure that I consume a variety of foods.

It sounds daunting at first BUT I promise, if you stick with it, you will enjoy healthy foods. It's all this processed crap that tricks us into believing healthy = bland, boring, gross. My favorite snacks now are nuts & I really love love love peppers - all the different colors have such different flavors & sweetness. I eat them like chips & I make a tahini dip that is great for veggies too - so good that my kids who refused to eat green veggies will eat the crap out of them now with that dip.

GL I
Old 09-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #19
Just Ducky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you have an ice cream maker, try this recipe (it ends up being around 100 calories per serving) for sweet cravings:

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups almond milk (use Silk or Almond Breeze original)
2 ripe bananas
2 heaping tablespoons chocolate cocoa (or more to taste - I usually use 4 tbsp)
2 Tbsp sugar (or less to taste - you can also use agave or honey)

Instructions
In a microwaveable bowl or cup whisk 1/2 cup almond milk with the chocolate cocoa and sugar until fully incorporated. Microwave for 40 seconds and then stir.

Place bananas plus the remainder of the almond milk into a blender along with the cocoa mixture and puree for about 10 seconds.

Place mixture in the ice cream maker and process for 20 minutes or until thick.

Serve right away or store in the freezer for later use or to firm up a bit more if desired.
Just Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #20
kathryn4433
Registered Users
seller

Also try to sneak in veggies whenever you can. One of my favorite things to do is make spaghetti sauce with ground turkey and lots of shredded veggies. Really bulks it up without adding many calories!
kathryn4433 is offline   Reply With Quote