Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #11
m0mof6
Registered Users

My Mood:
I had no pain mess for #1,5,6 and IV meds for #2,3,4. I tore with all 6 but less each time until for #6 I was given the choice of stitches or no stitches. I did not feel the tearing with any of them. The ring of fire I only felt with #5.

Advertisement

m0mof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #12
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you had no pain meds and tore

Thanks everyone! This is what I needed to hear. I don't know why, but the idea of feeling myself tearing down there was really bothering me.

I absolutely agree getting stitched up is awful. But, for whatever reason I'm not that worried about that. And, I didn't want my episiodomy. I hated it, really, really hated it! I had no idea he was doing it till it was WAY too late. He also used a vacuum on my baby B of that delivery without telling us and for no good reason other than he wanted baby B out. Needless to say, I changed OB's for my next twin delivery.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #13
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Two of my fears going into my last birth, which was my first all natural one, was how it would feel to tear and how it would feel to be stitched up. I was so squeamish at the thought of both.

When the baby was crowning, my labia tore a bit, and I felt it. I remember thinking, "I'm tearing!" Followed by, "I don't care! I just need to get this baby out!" Lol It burned, but it wasn't bad at all. After he was born was when I felt intense stinging from the tear, but once I got out of the tub, it didn't sting as much. And I could ice the area then.

Being stitched wasn't bad. My midwife was so gentle that the numbing shots only hurt a little, and I did not feel my three stiches as she was putting them in AT ALL. I was amazed!

So tearing and stitching were both waaaay better than I expected.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #14
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I only had a small tear but no, not at all. By the time I got to the point where I was actually pushing him out my endorphins were seriously rushing. The ring of fire was barely felt and I actually understood how some women could have an orgasm during birth. I didn't get close to that but there was definitely a good tingle going on.

ETA: I'm really excited about giving birth again one day but the thought of my lady parts tearing still makes me a little freaked so I totally understand.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused

Last edited by waterisntsomething; 09-16-2012 at 09:26 PM.
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #15
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemanly02 View Post
I had no pain meds and never even realized I tore until I was told. I could, however, feel every stitch.
This.

ETA: With my first I had IV pain meds and an episiotomy and I felt it when she cut me.

Last edited by gingerpeachee; 09-16-2012 at 09:35 PM.
gingerpeachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #16
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had skid mark tearing with both boys, my first required stitches and my second healed on their own. I didn't feel either.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #17
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am so glad you posted this thread OP. I am planning a home birth and although I am putting on a brave face I definitely have some anxiety over feeling myself tear. I am really glad that it's not as awful as I imagined.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #18
blhuns01
Registered Users
seller

I had a homebirth with my son and I had a severe 2nd degree tear. It was so bad that I had to go to the hospital for repair because my midwife didn't feel comfortable stitching that mess up. I had no idea I tore and I didn't even know that he was out to be honest. I was concentrating so much on pushing and trying to get him out that I had no idea and truly that was one of the last things on my mind.
blhuns01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #19
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evasimone View Post
I am so glad you posted this thread OP. I am planning a home birth and although I am putting on a brave face I definitely have some anxiety over feeling myself tear. I am really glad that it's not as awful as I imagined.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. However, I see this is your first. The fear makes total sense for you. First labors are a bit scary because of the unknown. It's totally normal. (You can totally do it BTW!!!) This is my 4th labor and 6th baby. I feel silly that I'm so nervous over it.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:01 AM   #20
shannychi
Registered Users
seller

I have had 5 children naturally with no pain meds at all. Weights were 7.4, 9.4, 7.10, 7.5 & 9.1. I never felt the tearing and I tore and had stitches with each one. The worst part was probably the stitches, but to be honest its over so fast. Ith my last (Jan 2012) I was up and around less than an hour after I gave birth.

You can do it!!!
shannychi is offline   Reply With Quote