Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #31
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you had no pain meds and tore

I never tore with the 2 births I did it pain med free. However, the ring of fire was so intense that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have felt it anyways!

Advertisement

trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:14 AM   #32
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With Tommy I had an epidural and about 1.5-2 hours of pushing. As soon as he came out I felt a "pop" and could feel my skin tear apart. It didn't hurt due to the epi but I sure felt it, it was the weirdest sensation!

With Vinny, I delivered him within 7 minutes of arriving at the hospital, no time for pain meds (didn't want any initially, but man I was ready for them when I got there! lol). I did tear but didn't feel it. Getting stitched up afterwards hurt like heck though and the healing afterwards sucks. Just where the stitches are I mean, the rest of recovery has been a breeze.

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #33
cathplyr
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglesnsunshine View Post
No pain meds, 6 births. Episiotomy first birth. Yuk. Tore the next 2 times. Didnt know till dr. Said it. Getting stitched up is not fun but doesnt last long. My last three births--- no tearing. So heres my advice. Take it or leave it.
1. Rub EPO down there from 36 weeks till birth. The EPO stinks but who cares?
2. don't push with all your might (unless a medical emergency and you need the baby out NOW), try to control pushing, like you're holding back a little.
3. Angle pelvis when pushing like youre aiming toward the ceiling or high up on the wall.
My last babe came out with 2 small pushes and was delivered by a nurse because it was so fast.
She is right about the control pushing. It is not a race like the births they show in the movies. olive oil and a mirror help- which I wish I had. Listen to the midwife/md. If I had listened, I dont think I would have torn. I knew I wanted to be drug-free and did not want an episiotomy. I would do it again the same way but next time I will listen and have the midwife hold a mirror and use olive oil. I did not feel the tearing. the stitches arent that bad.
cathplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #34
BubBubsMom
Registered Users
Formerly: TaReeses
seller
seller

I tore but didn't know I did til afterwards when they told me. The stitching up was uncomfortable but they used lidocaine before they did. You just could feel them stitching not necessarily pain (at least for me). Honestly, I was on a high from giving birth still and didn't bother me. Good luck mama!
BubBubsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #35
B+EBabyDipes
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug2311
I didn't have an epi with my daughter. I ripped in 3 places. It was 4-5 hours of labor, 15 mins of pushing. I didn't feel myself tearing at all. When my midwife told me I tore I was actually surprised. The sewing up afterwards was what hurt, in my opinion.
This exactly!
B+EBabyDipes is offline   Reply With Quote