Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

2.5 months pregnant & EBF 5 month old-can you drink nursing tea with fennel?

My friend is EBF her 5 month old and is 2.5 months pregnant. He is not gaining as fast as she would like. And wants to boost her milk. Can she drink the Weldela's mamas tea, with fennel in it while pregant?

Thanks kindly. I am texting with her now with her concerns.

Advertisement

Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2.5 months pregnant & EBF 5 month old-can you drink nursing tea with fennel?

I think it would be more helpful to eat more nutritious food. I don't know what her diet is like, but adding egg yolks (or whole eggs but I prefer the yolks and they're easy to add to things), cream, butter, organ meats and grass-fed meats, leafy greens (with butter, olive oil, etc) and other high-calorie nutritious foods would be better than just trying to up milk supply with tea. Milk supply drops for a reason- hormones are different and the body is trying to conserve energy and nutrients for the new baby.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Just bumping... Someone asked this a couple months ago and I believe the answer was 'no', but that there was a similar product that is safe to take. I just didn't take note on what it was.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:04 PM   #4
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2.5 months pregnant & EBF 5 month old-can you drink nursing tea with fennel?

I'm pregnant with an EBF baby too. It's still early and I'm not having supply issues yet. I'm terrified that I will though. The product linked below was recommended to me and I'm probably going to order it and have it on hand just in case. I also want to add that I always have a noticeable increase in supply when I eat oatmeal - even the instant kind. It happens very quickly too. If I eat it as a bedtime snack, I wake up with results.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
Old 01-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #5
blessedwifenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=ashley84;16173442]I'm pregnant with an EBF baby too. It's still early and I'm not having supply issues yet. I'm terrified that I will though. The product linked below was recommended to me and I'm probably going to order it and have it on hand just in case. I also want to add that I always have a noticeable increase in supply when I eat oatmeal - even the instant kind. It happens very quickly too. If I eat it as a bedtime snack, I wake up with results.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

I just bought the herbs from that product, and intend to make my own tincture of it. Much cheaper that way.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #6
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Why is fennel contraindicated while pregnant?
Old 01-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #7
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

There is More Milk for two for when you're pregnant. My feeling is though, if your supply drops it's your body's way of saying it's too much. To nurse and grow a baby is a huge strain on your body. I didn't take anything. If my supply dried up I felt that it would have been my body telling me that it couldn't do both. I was able to breastfeed into the second trimester (not ebf though) and still could have gone on longer.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #8
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I nursed all through my second pregnancy. I didn't anything, just nursed a lot and ate a good diet.
whitneywalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #9
cinderella08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

More Milk II is safe for pregnancy. I'm dealing with the same thing but am using it as a chance to wean quite honestly... I'm nursing a 2.5yr old and am 14wks pregnant. Milk is almost gone.
Expecting Oakley Lennon in March 2015!
cinderella08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #10
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My supply was gone at 12 weeks when I was expecting DS, who is born 13 months after DD. The hormonal changes of pregnancy just didn't let me keep going. I also found that keeping up with nursing and pregnancy was really really exhausting, and having DD nursing made my nausea worse. I nursed DD until she was 6 months old, but then I had to quit. There was just nothing left.