Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2012, 06:22 AM   #11
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you ask your kid(s) opinion about the possibility of another baby to the famil

I don't have to ask. They both just say they want a baby. Owen wants a baby girl and he has even begun asking for cute clothes. It is too funny. We have been having the conversation about not getting to pick gender. He isn't too happy about that one. He is hoping if we have a girl that Ethan will quit being called a girl.

Advertisement

Old 09-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #12
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you ask your kid(s) opinion about the possibility of another baby to the famil

We talk about it, but we do not ask their opinion for decision making purposes. We are the adults, they are the children, they are MANY decisions we make that they probably do not like, but they are children and are not capable of making rational and informed decisions on big topics like that.

Fortunately, our kids all want another baby (well except maybe the toddler, but she'll get over it ) and ask us about it all of the time and try to come up with new baby names.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #13
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No only my husband has influence. If there is another baby in the future I will tell them and frame it in a positive light and hopefully they will take it that way.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #14
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My oldest is 9 and yes, we've asked him how he feels about it. Ultimately it's mine and DH's decision, yes, but we do appreciate his opinion and feedback. Eventually he will be asked to help out when we have more and also have to spend part of his childhood with more siblings so we have very open and honest conversations about it with him. He is very excited about having more siblings and knows we'll be going through fertility again to have more babies. I think *most* kids would be very excited and feel important and special to be "included" (if only in their minds) in a decision like that and *most* would be happy and excited to have more brothers and sisters. I'm not sure what we would do if he was very against it. I doubt it would sway our decision one way or the other but I'd be glad to know what his true feelings are. My 3 year old, well he's just starting to understand the whole baby in belly thing but he's excited because his big brother is excited, lol!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #15
TwinMommaplus2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Motherhood is not a hobby, its a calling, you do not collect children because they are cuter than stamps, Its not something to do if you can squeeze the time in, its what god gave you time for. ~E. Anderson
TwinMommaplus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #16
holly6737
Registered Users
seller
seller

No, they don't get a say. Mostly the two older ones like being in a bigger family, though. I don't hear many complaints- except when the baby breaks something of theirs. Then they start with the, "NEXT time you have a baby make sure it's one that won't BREAK things!!!!" Like I have control over that- rofl!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #17
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

We've asked in a general what do you think type thing. Their opinion doesn't have any bearing on what we actually did. The oldest 3 are begging for a 5th. Too bad that's not happening, if only I were younger.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #18
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine are on the young side with the oldest being almost 7. They don't get a say no matter how old they are. However, I am due in the next couple of weeks with this baby and it will be the last. They have all expressed a desire for me to have more after this one. But, we can't. That does make me sad, but I want more also. So, I think them asking for more is hard since I want them too. But we are infertile and aren't doing any more treatments. So, this is it.