Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #11
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - Week of Sept 17

Maeve Baby have fun in Italy!

kushie tushie - sorry about the teeth, oral issues hurt SO much and it cannot be clearly seen from the outside so no one understands why you are so miserable I hope it get's better soon.

QOTW: If you could go back in time and meet 1 person, who would it be and what would you like to do with them/ask them? Well since I am hard-of-hearing and my entire life's education has been involved with the Deaf Culture and ASL I would love to meet Thomas Gallaudet and Laurent Clerc. I know most of you have no idea who they are but they started formal deaf education here in the US.

Over here I am still suffering from ms...not fun. I am starting to look pregnant which is fun but hard to hide at work. I have my next appt. on Friday so I am excited to see my midwife again and hear the heartbeat. I have started having specific cravings, like last night I really wanted apple pie so my hubby ran out to get me some. It was just a band-aid because what I really want is homemade apple pie with the dutch crumble top! I know what I will be making in the next couple days!

Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #12
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie

have a blast in Italy!!! Cant wait to hear all about your trip

I'm still pretty miserable :/. I'm really upset about my teeth my mouth/teeth hurt so much. The denist said all the vomit probably went crazy on my enamel. Now I have super sensitive teeth....no fun!

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Oh, Amanda, that stinks about your teeth. I can only imagine! I would be a wreck, too. I hope that they can do something to help you out, or at least that your teeth calm down in time. My teeth are super sensitive to sweets because I clench them badly when stressed. Sensodyn toothpaste does help a lot.

My cold is on the mend, but I'm suffering from chest congestion. I'm aching from all the coughing! I have been hospitalized 3 times for pneumonia, so I get very nervous about that and take it seriously. DH has been hitting my back to help loosen the nastiness and I'm on tussin and using an albuterol inhaler. I hate taking all the medicine when pregnant, but getting pneumonia would be so much worse! I think I'm going to be okay, though.

Still trying to figure out movement from the baby. I've been questioning movement for weeks but today felt some wiggling that for sure felt like something. Yay!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #13
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible
Over here I am still suffering from ms...not fun. I am starting to look pregnant which is fun but hard to hide at work. I have my next appt. on Friday so I am excited to see my midwife again and hear the heartbeat. I have started having specific cravings, like last night I really wanted apple pie so my hubby ran out to get me some. It was just a band-aid because what I really want is homemade apple pie with the dutch crumble top! I know what I will be making in the next couple days!
Anya, I should send you one of my apple pies. It has the crumb top and everything! I won a blue ribbon at my Church's fair this summer for it--I am so ready to be a grandma with fair blue ribbons and knitting and everything haha). I went apple picking with the girls last week and DH is totally pining for a pie!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #14
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible
Maeve Baby have fun in Italy!

kushie tushie - sorry about the teeth, oral issues hurt SO much and it cannot be clearly seen from the outside so no one understands why you are so miserable I hope it get's better soon.

QOTW: If you could go back in time and meet 1 person, who would it be and what would you like to do with them/ask them? Well since I am hard-of-hearing and my entire life's education has been involved with the Deaf Culture and ASL I would love to meet Thomas Gallaudet and Laurent Clerc. I know most of you have no idea who they are but they started formal deaf education here in the US.

Thanks
We just went apple picking this weekend. I'm going to make a pie and try to use up these apples.

kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #15
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine915 View Post
Anya, I should send you one of my apple pies. It has the crumb top and everything! I won a blue ribbon at my Church's fair this summer for it--I am so ready to be a grandma with fair blue ribbons and knitting and everything haha). I went apple picking with the girls last week and DH is totally pining for a pie!
YUM! My mom makes really good pies too. I am a good baker but I just don't think I have enough energy to shop for all the stuff alone with my twin toddlers then come home and bake it all...I might have enough energy for ONE of those things. Maybe I can get my mom to bake me a pie
Old 09-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #16
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine915

Oh, Amanda, that stinks about your teeth. I can only imagine! I would be a wreck, too. I hope that they can do something to help you out, or at least that your teeth calm down in time. My teeth are super sensitive to sweets because I clench them badly when stressed. Sensodyn toothpaste does help a lot.

My cold is on the mend, but I'm suffering from chest congestion. I'm aching from all the coughing! I have been hospitalized 3 times for pneumonia, so I get very nervous about that and take it seriously. DH has been hitting my back to help loosen the nastiness and I'm on tussin and using an albuterol inhaler. I hate taking all the medicine when pregnant, but getting pneumonia would be so much worse! I think I'm going to be okay, though.

Still trying to figure out movement from the baby. I've been questioning movement for weeks but today felt some wiggling that for sure felt like something. Yay!
Thanks!
Sorry to hear about your cold. Glad your on the mend! There must be something going around b/c both my kids are coming down with a bug again.

I've been the same way with movement. Sometimes I think I feel the faintest little movement and by the time I catch it and concentrate on it, its gone.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #17
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie

have a blast in Italy!!! Cant wait to hear all about your trip

I'm still pretty miserable :/. I'm really upset about my teeth my mouth/teeth hurt so much. The denist said all the vomit probably went crazy on my enamel. Now I have super sensitive teeth....no fun!

Oh thats terrible..i have been worried about my tee th. With my terrible gag reflex I can't brush well at all and have worried about what the acid is doing. I have a tooth I was just going in to fix when I got the positive pg test. Now I an worried what shape it'll be in by march..and it's a front tooth...grrr.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #18
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyroberts

Oh thats terrible..i have been worried about my tee th. With my terrible gag reflex I can't brush well at all and have worried about what the acid is doing. I have a tooth I was just going in to fix when I got the positive pg test. Now I an worried what shape it'll be in by march..and it's a front tooth...grrr.
I'm so weird about my teeth. I've been stressing since I saw the dentist last week. Plus my teeth just hurt!

Old 09-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #19
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb2j View Post
Just have to poke in to say I had my gender scan and IT'S A GIRL!! DH is thrilled and has already planned to go shopping! He's wanted a daughter since before we were even married so I'm so happy for him!!!! Will post pics in the u/s scan thread!)

Update: my friend had a vaginal delivery gave birth to 6lb 7 oz Sophie early this morning. Mom and baby are well

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Yay! Both great updates!!!

Almost 13 weeks here.
MS/heartburn gone except the occasional blah after dinner requiring maalox. No more zantac. Water finally going down good again, so I can stop the gallons of juice (extra sugar/calories/pounds) that I was getting just to keep hydrated the past many weeks.

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #20
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

amanda so sorry about your teeth but yay for italy!!! i can't wait to find out where we get to go next after japan. we're both so hoping for anywhere in europe because once you're there it's super easy to travel to all the countries.

i'm pretty sure i felt baby do a roll last night. it felt so weird. so far i've only felt the one really big kick at the u/s and then if i bend over pretty far sitting down i can feel him/her kick and jab. last night i was laying on my back in bed and it totally felt like a roll. kind of gave me butterflies! 13 weeks on thursday! come on second trimester!

i ran yesterday for the first time since pregnant. it felt great! it's been a few months so i took it a bit slow but ran my mile without stopping and then did a walking cool down. looking forward to doing this daily again until i'm too big.