Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #41
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - Week of Sept 17

I love going to the orchard! Unfortunately, we had such a drought-filled summer here in N. IL that the orchards are closed for picking. We can still go and buy cider donuts, ciders, pre-bagged apples, etc, but we can't go into the orchard and pick our own bushels. Bummer! Hoping we can sneak out to the orchard anyways this weekend since the temps are supposed to me mid-60's.

Watched What To Expect When You're Expecting last night with DH. Cute movie, but I got all sorts of choked up during one part because I could totally relate to a T. It's still a movie I'd like in my collection though.

Advertisement

TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #42
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I loved that movie but felt the same way!
Old 09-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #43
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

okay ladies!!

ONE BABY!!! I'm so relieved....I would have been excited about two, but soooo stressed! Baby looked great and it was so fun to see little legs kicking
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #44
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well I am a little disappointed but I totally know the relief of finding ONE baby, I felt that this time around
Old 09-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #45
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

i just watched that movie a couple days ago and wasn't impressed at all. i didn't like it and didn't laugh at all. i'll stick with juno and knocked up. those two are hilarious and knocked is the only movie i've seen that is pretty real to pregnancy.

had my appt yesterday. refused the pap no problem and got an u/s! anybody else have a baby that sleeps during the u/s? this is two weeks in a row that the baby was sleeping. hb was in the 150's and the brain and spine look fine. i wiggled again but nothing this time. hoping my 20 week scan he/she will be moving around some. thinking about going to the u/s place off base around 16 weeks.

ETA: just felt a little baby kick! love it!

Last edited by sterlids; 09-18-2012 at 04:44 PM.
sterlids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #46
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yeah, I watched that movie a couple of days ago and really didn't care for it very much. Hardly laughed at all, which was disappointing because I was looking so forward to finally seeing it. Oh well!

AFM- I scheduled my anatomy scan for 19 weeks so I'm pretty excited about that now that we're no longer team green!
Old 09-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #47
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyroberts View Post
Oh thats terrible..i have been worried about my tee th. With my terrible gag reflex I can't brush well at all and have worried about what the acid is doing. I have a tooth I was just going in to fix when I got the positive pg test. Now I an worried what shape it'll be in by march..and it's a front tooth...grrr.
seriously i could have written this myself! i have to really MAKE myself brush my teeth. i only do it twice a day and sometimes my husband will find me standing in the bathroom at bed time, just standing there trying to gear up for the tooth brushing experience. it's so annoying. Normally i try to take really good care of my teeth, since my genetics are against me, but boy is it hard when brushing makes me barf! and don't let me even think about getting my fingers in there to floss! And just like you, i was supposed to go in to get a tooth fixed right before my BFP. Luckily it was a tooth that already had a root canal, the temp. crown broke apart and even though it's jaggedy and feels weird to my tongue, it doesn't really cause any problems...

We recently (well, janurary) bought a run down house on six acres, we're still in the remodel process...total gut job, but were all out there on Sunday and realized we have like three different apple trees! a pear tree, a pear-apple tree (and those are really yummy) and some other, yet to be determined fruit trees. Everything has been pretty neglected for several years, but it's going to be so fun getting them back in shape! As it is, you can still find some great pieces of fruit, you just have to spend more time than i'd like.

Last edited by hcokasil; 09-18-2012 at 06:04 PM.
hcokasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #48
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

had a great visit with the perinatal dr. Baby looked good, placenta was well formed and placed and the umbilical cord had great blood flow and connections. He was very reassuring that I was not likely to have another 2nd tri loss. While it was great to hear, it doesn't ease the anxiety... maybe once I am past 17 weeks... But all in all, it was a great visit! Oh and baby wasn't very cooperative... legs crossed and umbilical cord conveniently place right between the legs! I go back in 4 weeks, for a full anatomy work up and hopefully baby will be more cooperative!

We LOVE going apple picking. I hope we can go soon, but our weekends are filling up fast! We usually pick 50ish lbs and then I order another 100 to 150 lbs over several months from a CSA farm. I love making apple sauce, canned apple pie filling, apple bread, apple cobbler... YUMMY!!!

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #49
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

sorry you didn't get to see the good christy, that's no fun. glad everything looked great! i still have 7 weeks till i'm 20 weeks. oh i so can't wait to find out if my instincts are right on for this one like they were for my son.

well i just got the call that i failed my 1 hour glucose test yesterday. i had GD with my son so i'm not surprised i failed it. i have to go do my 3 hr gtt next week probably. i gotta go to the lab and get their diet i have to do for 2 days and then do the test. i'm sure i'll fail that too. with my pcos i am at higher risk for GD and now with a previous pregnancy with GD i'm at even higher risk. no biggie not worried it was controlled by diet with my pregnancy with my son.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #50
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlids
sorry you didn't get to see the good christy, that's no fun. glad everything looked great! i still have 7 weeks till i'm 20 weeks. oh i so can't wait to find out if my instincts are right on for this one like they were for my son.

well i just got the call that i failed my 1 hour glucose test yesterday. i had GD with my son so i'm not surprised i failed it. i have to go do my 3 hr gtt next week probably. i gotta go to the lab and get their diet i have to do for 2 days and then do the test. i'm sure i'll fail that too. with my pcos i am at higher risk for GD and now with a previous pregnancy with GD i'm at even higher risk. no biggie not worried it was controlled by diet with my pregnancy with my son.
You already did you glucose test? How many weeks are you?
I didnt do it till mid pregnancy with both kids and my midwife hasnt even mentioned it this time. So I'm assuming its still a few appt away.

ETA: I just went and looked it up. Its typically done between 24-28 weeks but if your urine has high level and you previously had it they might test soon... Disregard my last statment
Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016

Last edited by kushie tushie; 09-18-2012 at 07:41 PM.
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote