Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #11
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGlorylife

We PIN OUR SOCKS. it does mean that we all walk around with one safety pin on one of our socks all day but at night when we take them off- we pin them together and then throw them in the laundry. They go through the wash and still have their pair =) and I can not even tell you how often we have needed a safety pin while out and about and thanks to our socks had one (or twelve-lol)
What size safety pins? I dont usually pair them but throw them all in a basket and dh sorts when we all run out. It would be worth it to use them for me because I hate pairing them!

I dont like cleaning the fridge or oven but dh and I trade sexual favors for chores sometimes do I rarely do it. cant believe I just admitted that. Oh well I read ask about you ladies' cervical fluid and bding schedule so you may as well have something on me!

So sorry about the evap. down with blue dye! Save yourself the heart ache and ban them from your house.

Fingers and toes crossed for you tina!

Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #12
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38
Back on the horse for me...AF showed Saturday morning, I had baseline blood & u/s this morning, & start my meds back up tonight. Fx! I talked w/ DP, & I'm also feeling really strongly that I need to use the one vial of sperm that we have in storage that is not DD's donor. IDK why, I just do this cycle, so we'll see. Anyway, that means IUI probably late next week if everything cooperates (and we know it never does! ).

I've been cleaning like a crazy lady in preparation for the Fisher Price thing next weekend...turning the family room into a playroom has given me my living room back & it is so nice! So far, DD wants to serve cookies, cupcakes (in ice cream cones), pretzels w/ hummus, & apples w/ caramel dip, along w/ juice boxes...what else should I have as snacks? The kids range in age from 15mos-3.5yrs & I think my kid is the only food allergies I need to worry about (no strawberries & only small amounts of dairy). And what about for the adults? I was thinking fruit platter & veggie platter...maybe also cheese, pepperoni, & crackers. Oh, and maybe some wine for those who want it & iced tea for those who don't. Should I do anything else?

It's a 2pm party, so I don't have to do a meal, but I want plenty of stuff for people to graze on...

QOTW: I've had some time to ponder this as I cleaned the house top to bottom for this party...but I can't decide which is the worst chore--cleaning the litter boxes, cleaning the stove, or doing the bathroom. But it's definitely one of those.
Walmart has fruit buddies in the little squirty tubes in assorted flavors. Our store has a display in the produce section.They might be a good choice for the youngest LOs. DS loves them!!! Pita chips are awesome with hummus too. Maybe some chips & salsa for the adults?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13
I dont like cleaning the fridge or oven but dh and I trade sexual favors for chores sometimes do I rarely do it. cant believe I just admitted that. Oh well I read ask about you ladies' cervical fluid and bding schedule so you may as well have something on me!
Hahaha Ingrid...that's what we do.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

Last edited by leviandgarettsmom; 09-17-2012 at 09:18 AM.
leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #13
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGlorylife

We PIN OUR SOCKS. it does mean that we all walk around with one safety pin on one of our socks all day but at night when we take them off- we pin them together and then throw them in the laundry. They go through the wash and still have their pair =) and I can not even tell you how often we have needed a safety pin while out and about and thanks to our socks had one (or twelve-lol)
You just changed my life! Seriously, you did

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom

So I went to move you to the 2WW & realized I was so excited when you joined that I never added you to the list! And the QOTW doesn't have to be answered in green. I just do it green to distinguish it from the rest of the thread.

QOTW: Folding/putting away the laundry. I would give anything for it to magically go from the dryer to its appropriate closet or drawer on its own.

AFM: CD 3 & back to you guys & for an oops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38
Back on the horse for me...AF showed Saturday morning, I had baseline blood & u/s this morning, & start my meds back up tonight. Fx! I talked w/ DP, & I'm also feeling really strongly that I need to use the one vial of sperm that we have in storage that is not DD's donor. IDK why, I just do this cycle, so we'll see. Anyway, that means IUI probably late next week if everything cooperates (and we know it never does! ).

I've been cleaning like a crazy lady in preparation for the Fisher Price thing next weekend...turning the family room into a playroom has given me my living room back & it is so nice! So far, DD wants to serve cookies, cupcakes (in ice cream cones), pretzels w/ hummus, & apples w/ caramel dip, along w/ juice boxes...what else should I have as snacks? The kids range in age from 15mos-3.5yrs & I think my kid is the only food allergies I need to worry about (no strawberries & only small amounts of dairy). And what about for the adults? I was thinking fruit platter & veggie platter...maybe also cheese, pepperoni, & crackers. Oh, and maybe some wine for those who want it & iced tea for those who don't. Should I do anything else?

It's a 2pm party, so I don't have to do a meal, but I want plenty of stuff for people to graze on...

QOTW: I've had some time to ponder this as I cleaned the house top to bottom for this party...but I can't decide which is the worst chore--cleaning the litter boxes, cleaning the stove, or doing the bathroom. But it's definitely one of those.
I second those fruit and veggie pouches! Oh, and a meat tray! Yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeur
CD1 for me.

QOTW: Is squishing spiders a household chore? LOL I hate spiders and anything to do with removing them from the house.
Um, ya! It does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13

What size safety pins? I dont usually pair them but throw them all in a basket and dh sorts when we all run out. It would be worth it to use them for me because I hate pairing them!

So sorry about the evap. down with blue dye! Save yourself the heart ache and ban them from your house.

Dude, DH and I do this also! But, I don't always pay up
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #14
ardeur
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ Sept. 17-23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 812ajack View Post
O, and I missed the QOTW and this is an easy one for me- its folding socks! With 7 people socks and somehow I end up missong about 50 socks every time I do it I have nothing but a basket of mismatched socks and it take me over an hour to go through and match what pairs I di have! I must grip about it on FB about once a week- Man what agreat question, that took some built -up frustration out of me this a.m.
Another idea that I got from a large family is to buy everyone the same exact type of sock. You'd probably have to buy one size for the kids and one size for the adults. (We don't have kids yet.)

I did this for myself... all my socks are exactly the same and I'm just waiting for hubby to relinquish his old pairs so it'll be one type of sock all around. Sock folding is already tremendously easy with mine all being the same.
ardeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #15
TonyKariTony
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you everyone for your nice comments, something about that test yesterday didn't seem right so I didn't allow myself to get too excited about it, even my DH didn't believe that was a true positive.

Latisa ~ I'm so glad you are feeling better mama H&H9M to you

QOTW: Dishes

TonyKariTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #16
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGlorylife View Post
Doesn't that eventually cause holes on your socks? The kids are so active climbing around and stuff that I would worry that they'd come loose and stab their leg or something (I've had to pin my daughter's waistline a couple times from it being too big and that's happened) IDK I'll have to think on that one but it is something I've never heard of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post

And to think I've been doing that stuff for free Now I can tell him he has to work for it
Old 09-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #17
adensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mamas-I know I'm technically a graduate but I need some prayers from you ladies. I had a baseline mammogram done about 3 weeks ago (prior to o'ing) and I just got a call from the imaging center. The radiologist saw "areas" on both sides that they need "additional views" of via ultrasound. I go back in on Thursday for the US. I've had a cyst drained on the right side, and a solid mass removed on the left side both of these were over 10 years ago. But all was benign and there's no history of BC in my immediate family. My ob did not mention any lumps when she did my exam, and honestly I'm a AA cup and there's nothing to hide a lump in here. I'm still nervous, but I'm trying not to think about it until I have to.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #18
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
Formerly: WrapHappy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post

i have some random but most are small- not tiny but small- I buy the bulk pack at walmart
MyGlorylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #19
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
Formerly: WrapHappy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 812ajack View Post
Doesn't that eventually cause holes on your socks? The kids are so active climbing around and stuff that I would worry that they'd come loose and stab their leg or something (I've had to pin my daughter's waistline a couple times from it being too big and that's happened) IDK I'll have to think on that one but it is something I've never heard of.
no holes and I have never had them undo and stab anyone and I have 6 very active boys (not to mention the 4 very active girls) its a tried and true method
MyGlorylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #20
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by adensmom View Post
Mamas-I know I'm technically a graduate but I need some prayers from you ladies. I had a baseline mammogram done about 3 weeks ago (prior to o'ing) and I just got a call from the imaging center. The radiologist saw "areas" on both sides that they need "additional views" of via ultrasound. I go back in on Thursday for the US. I've had a cyst drained on the right side, and a solid mass removed on the left side both of these were over 10 years ago. But all was benign and there's no history of BC in my immediate family. My ob did not mention any lumps when she did my exam, and honestly I'm a AA cup and there's nothing to hide a lump in here. I'm still nervous, but I'm trying not to think about it until I have to.
So sorry Will keep you in my prayers that all is well.