Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #11
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Last year we did a tailgate party and I made bean bags for the kids had pom poms and cowbells (school tradition) this year we are renting a bounce house and I really don't want to do favors. Extra expense and can't think of anything reusesble. So will subscribe to thus thread for ideas.

Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #12
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Another idea. I just found clear plastic tumblers at Dollar Tree yesterday. The semi-insulated kind with lids and straws. You could grab one per kid, put a cute thank you note inside facing out and put a couple of goodies inside like the little boxes of raisins or bags of pretzels. Simple, easy, not a lot of cost per kid, and not a bunch of junk.
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #13
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Birthday Party Favors

maybe you could ask the bounce house for coupons for a return visit? you could attach them to a pumpkin muffin in a bag or a caramel apple.

I also like the bounce ball balloons thing a pp suggested. Or have a craft in the party room where everyone makes a bouncy ball? or some felt pizza? (since you are serving pizza). I have started only doing favors that are a craft that go with our theme (like choc coins and other treasures the kids found at a pirate party). Consumables are also a great idea, esp if it's something the kids help make.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #14
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
I love the caramel apple idea and an admission to the bounce house idea! If my 4 year old got a caramel apple as a party gift she'd be super excited. In fact I should make a few. Caramel is really easy to make.

Bags full of crap are sad. I was thinking of giving stainless steel cups with colored bands but I just couldn't get them cheaply enough. It was going to be $7 each and my budget was $4.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #15
jac1976
Registered Users
seller

I have found that goody bags are generally expected at parties. I have had children ask for them at every party I have thrown. I hate getting the bags full of candy or small plastic toys, so I tend to buy one larger item (generally around $5) and just give the kids that as their 'goody bag'. One year I did small crayon rolls, another year they got personalized place mats, this past year for DS' lego party, the kids each got a minifigure.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #16
kbz2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think every birthday party we have gone to, we might have gotten a goodie bag. Maybe one or two we didn't. I'm not really big on goodie bags since the majority of times it's just been candy or something that I'm not too fond of.

I like the ideas though! Thank you

One more question though. This is my first birthday party at an actual place, do I tip the person who is watching over the party? How much is usually expected?
Old 09-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #17
sanddimarie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The bounce house is the favor. We're doing Little Gym for my son's second party. They get to come and have an awesome time. They also get pizza and cake. Maybe I'm cheap and/or lazy but that's good enough.

My friend, however, just had her daughter's fifth birthday party. It was a mermaid theme and she gave everyone a little bubble container. Super cute.

Sanddi
Single mommy to my Sylasarus

sanddimarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #18
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever
I am not a fan of party goodie bags I know it sounds rude but I could really do without a plastic bag full of crap. I think 1 nice consumable item as a thank you is ok. Maybe like a caramel apple since it is fall?
Me too.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #19
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This year I made snack sacks and stuck a lego figure in each. Previous years I've done other things. A very simple one is get a party pack of play dough and give each kid one. You'll spend about $1 per kid.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #20
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

no idea on the tip where you are, but I think not here.

also the bounce place may offer a favor. They do here for a small added fee
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote