Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
made4this
Active Contributor
Formerly: boyfarm3
seller
seller

My Mood:
how much for a resonable used woven wrap- spam welcome

Hi! I just ordered my ergo for the newbie due in feb, but I am looking for a woven wrap too for when baby is still too little for the mei tai. Since I don't expect that stage to last tooooo long, I don't want to pay an arm and a leg, especially because I just paid $95 for the new ergo.

What's a reasonable price for a used one, or are there wahms on here who make them? The retail price seems high for what it is. Or is it easy enough to make that I could talk a friend into doing it?

TIA for any woven wrap advice

Advertisement

made4this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: how much for a resonable used woven wrap- spam welcome

Price depends on what you're looking at. All woven wraps vary in price by their design, brand, fabric blend and length. Woven wraps are expensive because they are specefically woven for wearing a baby up to childhood, some are even woven by hand, and they use quality fabric and dyes that meet standards for this type of wrap. 100% cotton are usually the cheaper ones. Girasol, LennyLamb, BBslen and C&C are usually cheaper.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
mama_times5
Registered Users
Formerly: mama_times4
seller

My Mood:

If you can swing a "real" woven, the resale value is quite good, so you could probably make most of it back. You'd be looking at close to $100 again though. A stretchy knit is the exception. A DIY would be fine, inexpensive and great for up to about 15lbs for front carries only. Onasburg is a kind of cotton fabric recommended for DIY woven wraps. Not just any fabric is recommended/safe.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:45 AM   #4
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

Also, you can wear a woven wrap well beyond the newborn period, and into toddlerhood and pre-K. I find them more comfortable than buckle carriers like Ergos, personally. however, I use and love all types of carriers because they all have their uses.

You can get a used woven for under 100, but you have to look. And the resale is pretty good, too. Check FSOT on various boards, and you can probably find something.