Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-18-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
SewGreenBaby
Registered Users
Formerly: Naturally Pampered
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ds doesn't want to go to preschool anymore, teacher thinks he may have add...

I'm waiting for a psychologist to call back to make an appt. for my 4yo ds. He's got many symptoms of ADD. Thus far, I've just been dealing with it but it's straining my marriage and now ds is having problems in preschool. He was in 3yo preschool last year and had some problems with fighting but generally he loved going to school. Now all of a sudden he doesn't want to go. He hides behind me saying he doesn't want anyone to see him. Today was just a flat out refusal to turn in his homework or sign his name on the board. He started crying and said he wanted to go home. I could tell they were tears frustration but I don't know what's wrong. He has trouble focusing and finishing the table work in time to go play with the other kids. His teacher says it doesn't seem to bother him. He's in after school care on Tuesdays and Thursdays, an extra 3 hours a day. He says he doesn't like nap time but his teacher says he lays there quietly until he's allowed to get up and play while the rest of the kids finish napping. I'm not sure if I should just take him out. I could never get him to lay still for that long so it may be a good thing, to help him learn how to wait in other situations. I want him to be happy though. WWYD?

Advertisement

SewGreenBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Maybe a different style of preK would suit him better?
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote