Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Supplement For Older BF Baby

I have a nine month old who has only had BM. He's just about 22 lbs and 30 inches, so a big boy. I am a WOHM and I am generally able to keep up with intake while I'm at work (16-20 oz per day 8-5). I have a two night work trip in October that I have to attend. I have some milk stored about 12 bags or so and I can eek out a couple more before I go, but I hate to leave DH with just enough milk. We co-sleep so, it will be a trial for DH as it is. He's mama's boy. What would you leave in case they run out?

Advertisement

seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #2
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Supplement For Older BF Baby

Me? I would leave soy formula. Just in case he needs it. I say soy as his tummy may not be used to that much milk protein.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Me? I would leave soy formula. Just in case he needs it. I say soy as his tummy may not be used to that much milk protein.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
lilmomma83
Registered Users

I'd ask a friend for a few ounces of frozen milk, of my little had no allergies. Secondly, I'd make my own formula, it tastes a lot better, and, IMO much safer (I know that's arguable) off use goat milk to make it.
lilmomma83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmomma83 View Post
I'd ask a friend for a few ounces of frozen milk, of my little had no allergies. Secondly, I'd make my own formula, it tastes a lot better, and, IMO much safer (I know that's arguable) off use goat milk to make it.
Could I just try him out on some goat's milk? He does eat solids including yogurt. He'll be ten months. What's your formula recipe?
Old 09-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I have made my own goat's milk formula. I added 1 dose of liquid children's vitamin and fish oil for vit B and fat. My boys liked it better than formula.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
I have made my own goat's milk formula. I added 1 dose of liquid children's vitamin and fish oil for vit B and fat. My boys liked it better than formula.
Perfect thanks! I don't really want to go down the formula route because its just for 48 hours and a few bottles, so this is perfect. I should've have put in the post I was looking for the most natural solution.

Last edited by seacat; 09-17-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #8
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just try to avoid UHT pasteurized goat milk. Raw is best but low-temp pastuerized would be better than UHT.
I get raw cows milk so I would probably just mix it with breastmilk. Actually I have done that once already because I spilled half of what I pumped one day! He didn't notice a difference and even his bowel movements were pretty much the same.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #9
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

You can buy Myanburge's goat's milk in powder, condensed, or fresh at Walmart, Hannaford, or Whole Foods.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #10
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
Just try to avoid UHT pasteurized goat milk. Raw is best but low-temp pastuerized would be better than UHT.
I get raw cows milk so I would probably just mix it with breastmilk. Actually I have done that once already because I spilled half of what I pumped one day! He didn't notice a difference and even his bowel movements were pretty much the same.
I hear you! I avoid UHT for my two year old and we do low temp non homogenized milk. I haven't been able to bring myself to do raw, but its the next best IMO.