Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #121
magwich
Registered Users

Re: do "baby wearers" never use a stroller?

We barely used our stroller with our first child, but we've used a stroller a bunch now that we have two. At first we used the carrier for #2 and pushed #1 in the stroller. Now #2 is in the stroller and #1 is on foot.

Advertisement

magwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #122
Nelka
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRachel View Post
In probably 95% of situations I prefer to babywear, but I do have a nice stroller and I use it when it's the appropriate choice. For example: the mall (especially if I plan to try on clothes), zoo, and lately he's been biting me and I've been using the stroller more to take a break from that.
Ah, the biting! No fun!
We never pack a stroller in the car. Most outings, our 10 month old is worn. He is high spirited and high needs, however. He really needs that closeness & I can see how he's doing with situations much better when he's worn. That being said, we used to use the jogging stroller until he wouldn't put up with it. We are currently on a trip with my in-laws, who brought an old stroller. He will sit in that for fifteen or twenty minute stretches (when we went to the zoo). From this experience I will say that strollers make a great place to store things though.
Nelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #123
MrsJax11
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyleah87 View Post
I love baby wearing around the house or places that aren't convenient for a stroller, but do you guys ever use strollers? why or why not?

for me I love having a cup holder. haha
I also do both. If DD is asleep when I hit the trail, I put her carrier in the stroller and walk. If she is awake, I wrap her and put the back pack full o crap in the stroller..then if she is passed out after our picnic or what not I can just plop her in and buckle her up to go.
MrsJax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #124
Mellymel
Registered Users
seller

I use both
Mellymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #125
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I rarely use a stroller. I'd say less than once every couple of months. What's important is that you find something that works for you. There are no set rules when it comes to baby wearing and stroller usage.

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #126
Akira
Registered Users

I still use the stroller as LO is 2 months old and it is easier since we have a travel system. Once he's bigger, who knows. Oh, and if its icey out then yeah, because I am a clutz.
Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #127
sanbibi
Registered Users
seller

i cannot imagine not to have stroller...
sanbibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #128
sublime.mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have an umbrella stroller and I use it often. We take long walks to the park or the grocery store and I can only front carry for so long. back carry I'm fine with, but I don't like baby to sleep without head support.
As long as baby is happy she rides in the stroller. When she's unhappy I whip out my carrier and she goes in and my bag/backpack go in the stroller.
I also use the stroller to carry groceries home. I don't have a car. I would like a more heavy duty stroller than the umbrella, but I'm making do with what was handed down.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #129
FrogyDuckyPuppy
Registered Users
seller

I used to wear by youngest all the time especially while living in San Francisco. It was more convenient to wear him than try to push a stroller around. However, now that he's 2.5 years old, he walks or sleeps in the stroller (he takes really long naps). My oldest walks and sleeps in the stroller when he's too tired. I have a third on the way and I plan on wearing her so I don't leave her all the time by herself while I chase after the two boys
Old 09-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #130
Kyonarai
Registered Users
seller

We have a stroller, but it's put up in the attic. Now that I'm 6 months pregnant and unable to wear my dd at the moment(she's 21 months) due to discomfort, my husband usually carries her or she walks for a bit. I have no problems with strollers in general, but find them too cumbersome to use right now. I'm sure I'd consider it for a long day trip to a theme park or something, but my DH and I just aren't theme park people. She rode on her daddy's or her grampa's shoulders this weekend at the zoo, and we were there for several hours. She also was on my back through the entirety of carlsbad caverns(We hiked down from the natural entrance, a VERY steep hike that took about 3 hours, and then around the big room, which is also a very long walk.) before I was pregnant.
Kyonarai is offline   Reply With Quote