Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #21
Registered Users
Re: do "baby wearers" never use a stroller?

I rarely use a stroller before a year, then its in all day situations like amusement parks and the like. I have had the same stroller for 8 years now and its way too big to try and put in my van on a regular bases but I do use it on occasion for my 3 year old if we are going for a longer walk around the neighborhood.

Melissa<- Mama to my 4 gifts from God-Mr. Z (10), Miss K (7), Miss A (5) and Miss R (2)
Knitting Patterns For Sale and Free Download
I sell Jamberry!!!! Order yours today
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:34 AM   #22
noahs naturally
Registered Users
With my first, we didn't use a stroller 'til he was 18 mo, when he began to enjoy it. We used the Ergo 99% of the time. After #2 came along (DD), we used the stroller a lot more often due to logistics - twice the number of children to manage, twice the gear / diapers / changes of clothes, etc. - it's nice having a place to stow everything and everyone for a day out. Plus, now that DD is a toddler, she really likes sitting next to DS in the double stroller and holding hands. And the best thing about the double stroller is that both kids could nap simultaneously while we're out. The Ergo still comes with us but rarely gets used (mostly for nursing DD on the go).
noahs naturally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:16 AM   #23
Registered Users
My Mood:
I use my stroller quite often. Dd usually starts off in a stroller when we're at the mall or zoo, but ends but on my back when he geta fussy.
If its a quick trip to a store, i usually put him in the cart or wear him. Most times wearing him is easier because he tries to escape the carts
Wife to DH and mommy to DD (12/07) and DS (2/11)
corinne76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:36 AM   #24
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
My Mood:

We use both- DS enjoys both, and I like to mix it up. Plus he does get heavy even in the Ergo at 26 lbs.
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #25
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
My Mood:

I definitely use strollers. Mostly when I have a baby and a kid who is too young to walk. When I had #3 I would put the #3 in the stroller and my ds in the carrier because he liked the sensory and it kept him safe. Sometimes I'd reverse it.

for long outings I bring it, too, because my kids get tired of being in a carrier after a few hours. They want to get out and stretch. And we always bring it to theme parks like Sea World and Disney.

For most errands I don't bring one at all, but most errands are so short that it doesn't seem necessary. It does depend, though. Here we have an outdoor mall (what idiot thought an outdoor mall in S Texas was a good idea?!? It works in La Jolla, not so much in San Antonio) and I can see bringing a stroller if it looks like it is going to rain, or if it is really hot to give the baby a break. But I'd bring a carrier, too.
Wife to my Navy doc, SAHM to 4 (11, 8, 5, 1)
Minniebees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:11 AM   #26
Registered Users
My Mood:

We use our carriers a lot around home and for grocery shopping, but for longer outings it is about 50/50. The stroller lives in my van and I've always got a carrier on me and I like to have both options available! I really like having the stroller to store my "stuff" in. Logistically, for longer trips we need the stroller unless daddy is with us and can carry one kiddo. Usually the 2 year old is in the stroller and the baby is in a carrier.
Sarah-married to my best friend , mom to four wonderful girls: my drama queen H (9/06), my snuggle bug A (6/08), my new big sister C (6/10), and my sweet baby E (7/12)
Earning $ on swagbucks!
srpettitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #27
My Mood:

I use both and frequently have both with me. Especially if I'm shopping, since I don't drive, the giant graco stroller becomes my cart. I frequently take a happy well rested baby someplace in the stroller and then at some point in the outing she becomes fussy, so she ends up in the mei tai and I push the stroller home with parcels or occasionally a tired almost 5 year old in it. Did that the other day, she was whiney after a long day of school with a 25 minute walk ahead of her to get home, and baby girl was fussy, so I put my 4 month old in the mei tai and the 4 year old in the stroller. Instead of having two kids yelling at me, I had two happy kids.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #28
Registered Users
My Mood:

I use both, it depends on my (our) mood and other factors. Usually in stores, I use the cart unless youngest ds is sleepy and our stroller at the zoo (mainly as a mule).
WOHM to Z , J , and LO due 2/16
My crazy BFing and FFing, CDing, delayed vaxing, circing family.
jcprincess.mcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #29
Registered Users
My Mood:

Babywearing and running/jogging are incompatible to me, so I use both. I never bring my stroller in my car, I only baby wear when out and about, but I walk/jog at least 4 days a week and my double stroller is a dream.
I'm Macy, Wife to Damon.
Together we have Daunika(8), Aurora(6),
Declan(4) and Kalani (2) :
Expecting someone small Sept 2014
Macyllehub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #30
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
I have 3 strollers as well as various carriers, but mostly me and DH take turns wearing baby while out doing things, shopping,, dinner, etc. and when we walk the dog one of us pushes the stroller. I also do strollercise and have a running stroller for when ds is older so I can start running more again.

I still wear ds a lot around the house, cooking and vacuuming or times when he won't fall asleep, it's a tried and true method to end a cranky night!
Dancy Baby is offline   Reply With Quote