Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-14-2006, 08:42 PM   #1
Registered Users
Mother's Milk Tea

When I was nursing my first daughter, I had a major problem keeping up my milk supply, I tried many things, Fenugreek being my remedy of choice. With my second daughter now, I tried fennel tea and was impressed by that moreso than the fenugreek... Yesterday I became very dehydrated because I don't even think I drank one glass of water until the evening, I was just busy and it slipped my mind. Needless to say, I was very dehydrated and it took a huge toll on my milk supply. Today, I went to a local organic health food store and bought some Mother's Milk Tea...I must say, I was incredibly impressed. I drank 4 glasses (will drink another before bed) and by my DD's bedtime feeding I was engorged and leaking! I managed to pump 6 oz after I fed her. It was such a relief. I would have to give Mother's Milk Tea 5 stars and recomend it to any woman with lactation issues!

EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:34 PM   #2
Milkshake Momma
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Mother's Milk Tea

I'm so glad you found something that works for you. It's great to hear positive stories from moms that have had supply issues. Keep it up! The milk that is!
Milkshake Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:24 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I drank a ton of Mother's Milk tea too and thought you would like a variation in how to prepare... make it up as normal, maybe two bags worth - mix in honey and then put in the fridge. I found this to be quite nice, b/c trust me, 5 cups a day eventually gets boring.

Mama to Lucy 12/01/05 & twins Etta & Grace 04/01/08.
Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician since 2009
autumnlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:12 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

did anyone use this w/o first having milk supply issues? i like to drink tea, and if i'm going to drink something, it seems like having some mother's milk tea around the house wouldn't be a bad idea. think it might make an abundant milk supply (i might be bordering on the oversupply side), even more abundant so much that it might become a problem??
Postdoc'ing mama to DD(5/16/06) and another on the way (7/09).
An eye for an eye leaves a room full of blind men.
BambooMama is offline   Reply With Quote