Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #1
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Where can I put my 10 month old to sleep?

DD just turned 10 months and I need to figure out a place for her to sleep. She's been able to climb out of her crib for about 6 weeks now; with the exception of duct tape, I don't know any way to make her stay in it. I'm fine with co-sleeping after she wakes up in the middle of the night, but would like to have some time in bed with nobody's feet or butt in my face.

So, what do I do with her?

Advertisement

sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
karabeth05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Where can I put my 10 month old to sleep?

a toddler bed? she would still be able to climb out, but at least a little more safely. maybe with a video monitor so you can keep an eye on her? the room would have to be super duper baby proofed though. man, i don't know...i can't imagine if my little guy were escaping already!

have you seen the One Happy Baby Diaper Pattern?
karabeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
karabeth05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

do you think a pack & play would be harder for her to crawl out of maybe? since the sides are net rather than bars? (i'm reaching here, sorry )

have you seen the One Happy Baby Diaper Pattern?
karabeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #4
MaMaToLiam
Registered Users

My kids were never climbers, and that is such a young age to trust in a toddler bed or reason with. So how about one of those crib tent things? They're mesh and go over the top of the crib so they can't climb out. Like this one: http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/...oductId=309775
MaMaToLiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #5
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A bed on the floor in a baby proofed room. Sit with her until she falls asleep until she transitions then you can work on her putting herself to sleep if she was before. My ds was 14 months when he jumped out.

Last edited by nohollyhomaker; 09-17-2012 at 11:09 PM.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #6
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh good luck. Mine stared climbing out at 13 months. I tried the pack n play and it worked for 10 minutes. We ended up putting the crib mattress on the floor and taking everything else out since he could climb it. He shares with 4yo ds so his mattress went on the floor too. After about a month he learned to go to bed for the most part and he was able to sleep without rolling off. He demanded a pillow like big brother so we gave him one of our flat ones and that helped. He got his toddler frame and ds1 got his twin frame back at that point and it's gone well. Their dresser is still in the closet for now so he cant leap off it, and toys are downstairs. Bedtime and naps usually go smoothly! I never would have thought they can learn so young, but they do.

Last edited by misskira; 09-17-2012 at 11:02 PM.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #7
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaToLiam View Post
My kids were never climbers, and that is such a young age to trust in a toddler bed or reason with. So how about one of those crib tent things? They're mesh and go over the top of the crib so they can't climb out. Like this one: http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/...oductId=309775
Those were recalled last spring. I was hoping to go that route too, but isn't an option anymore.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12179.html
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:40 AM   #8
MamaNotes
Registered Users

My Mood:
Pack n play
MamaNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:32 AM   #9
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow, she is going to be quite the gymnast . My DD started pulling up at the rail at 10 months, so I had to lower the crib mattress, LOL.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:44 AM   #10
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpmercury
A bed on the floor in a baby proofed room. Sit with her until she falls asleep until she transitions then you can work on her putting herself to sleep if she was before. My ds was 14 months when he jumped out.
YES to the floor bed!
We put DS on one when he was 8-9 months and he loves the independence that comes with it.. I love that he wakes up and plays for a bit instead of screaming. Haha. There is a leaning curve that comes with the drop of the mattress to the floor, but it may have been worse for DS since he was just learning how to crawl. We also have a pretty thick mattress (5") but I've heard Ikea has some thin ones (2-3") that are more ideal for floor beds.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote