Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
mandabug2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
2nd rinse after usin Tide

Help me! This is what my 2nd rinse looks like after using to the 2 with powder!! Should I do to the 1 instead? I just switched detergents because of stinkies--now I'm terrified that I'm gonna get a different type of stinky because of using either too much or not enough soap!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3610223259.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	119844  

Advertisement

mandabug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
eileprose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2nd rinse after usin Tide

Is this your first run through with tide? You might be have residual soap on your diapers?

That being said, every load is an experiment. I would rinse, rinse, rinse until the water runs clear. Then I would slightly lower the amount of detergent that I used until you find a balance where your diapers don't smell and there aren't suds. When I am in 'trying something new mode' I keep notes about what I changed and the results. It helps me find the solution quicker.

good luck
eileprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #3
minneapolismelissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That looks like more than I get...that being said. My rinses never go until clear. I have been using Tide for over a year now with no issues. I do a hot/cold wash with Tide that has a second rinse, then run the whole cycle again with no soap. Still has some suds...I just don't look because it has never caused a problem. Yours looks like to much. Do you have an HE machine? If so, did you use HE detergent? I only ask because I used non HE Tide once in my HE machine and HOLY SUDS!!!! Just do some extra rinses and use less next time and see.

Find us on Facebook
minneapolismelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #4
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eileprose
Is this your first run through with tide? You might be have residual soap on your diapers?

That being said, every load is an experiment. I would rinse, rinse, rinse until the water runs clear. Then I would slightly lower the amount of detergent that I used until you find a balance where your diapers don't smell and there aren't suds. When I am in 'trying something new mode' I keep notes about what I changed and the results. It helps me find the solution quicker.

good luck
Yep, this. Good luck, mama!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
mandabug2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by minneapolismelissa View Post
That looks like more than I get...that being said. My rinses never go until clear. I have been using Tide for over a year now with no issues. I do a hot/cold wash with Tide that has a second rinse, then run the whole cycle again with no soap. Still has some suds...I just don't look because it has never caused a problem. Yours looks like to much. Do you have an HE machine? If so, did you use HE detergent? I only ask because I used non HE Tide once in my HE machine and HOLY SUDS!!!! Just do some extra rinses and use less next time and see.
Nope, no HE machine here. I used the normal non-HE detergent cause I don't have an HE machine. Was that a bad move? Thanks!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #6
mandabug2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eileprose View Post

good luck
Yes, this is my first run with tide, will it get residual soap out? Thanks for the advice about keeping notes--I'm really bad at remembering to do that, but I really need to. Thanks!
Old 09-17-2012, 11:05 PM   #7
aemarques
Registered Users
seller

Like the other mama said I also get suds even after several rinses, but much less. How many diapers did you wash?

I would recommend stripping since you are switching and was having problems with your previous, just so you'll be starting fresh.

Hot rinses also help get out more suds.

I do a Cold rinse, hot wash cold rinse with TIDE or RnG to line 1 . Then I do another hot wash and cold rinse with no soap at all. There's still a little bit of suds at the end but very very little.

I also thought there's only supposed to be NO suds and super clear water when you are stripping...
aemarques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #8
aemarques
Registered Users
seller

Also forgot to mention I usually wash 18 diapers or less. 18 is pushing it with line 1 I think though
aemarques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:11 PM   #9
mandabug2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemarques
Like the other mama said I also get suds even after several rinses, but much less. How many diapers did you wash?

I would recommend stripping since you are switching and was having problems with your previous, just so you'll be starting fresh.

Hot rinses also help get out more suds.

I do a Cold rinse, hot wash cold rinse with TIDE or RnG to line 1 . Then I do another hot wash and cold rinse with no soap at all. There's still a little bit of suds at the end but very very little.

I also thought there's only supposed to be NO suds and super clear water when you are stripping...
That was around 24 or so with tide to the 2 line. I had just stripped with RnG.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:40 AM   #10
AmandaA
Registered Users
seller

Granted I use a HE FL'er, so it is different.... however, with soft water I found that I used much less Tide than I expected (and still got plenty of suds and clean diapers). I started conservative and used my Tide formula to line 1 when I started. On my first go round it was HOLY suds. After my "normal" routine, I had completed 4 total rinses and still had enough suds left that I couldn't see my diapers underneath them when I checked through the window. It ended up taking me over 10 rinses to finally get the water the clear. I now use half way to line 1 with no problems and get my water to go nearly suds free by the end. At least all of those extra rinses will help get your diapers really rinsed out good
AmandaA is offline   Reply With Quote