Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Help me make up my mind!

I am currently in the process of buying an all american pressure canner. It is something that I saved up for for a LONG time. I had a presto (which was very good to me) but I want something that doesn't have a rubber seal. Should I get the 15 1/5 OR the 21 1/2 quart though? there is only roughly a 30$ different between the two.....and im kind torn...LOL.

Advertisement

Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me make up my mind!

Can you link us to the two you are looking at? I saved up enough to get a huge presto one this yera and am just overwhelmed at how much I love it and used it! I was too afraid before. Then I just couldn't do what I neede ddone and bit the bullet. I got lucky enough to find the one i wanted on amazon with free shipping! I'd be happy to weigh in if I could see the two you were looking at.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The presto one you have is the one im replacing! It serviced me well over 5 years..but currently its at my sisters (in kentucky) and I am in arizona hah. Next growing season I need a pressure canner

i am looking at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

and

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

but im totally tied on if I will really need the extra 6 ish quarts ya know? I can A LOT and anything and everything LOL
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With such a small diff in price, there is no dought what I would get, hehe! The huge one! I can SOOOOO much, the smaller one would have made double the work for me. One of my main uses is cooking my apples whole before processing. I can fit so many in it. Just adore that I went with the bigger one. I think it's 23 qt? I just know I adore the extra space. The one you are looking at, the big one, is a dream!!! What a cooker. Wheather you go with the small or bigger, I bet you will just love it. Great choices, imo.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote