Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
HippieMama74
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
walmart cheapie test

Anyone have false positives with the .88 tests from walmart? We have been having safe sex but I got a very obvious bfp on one tonight. An hour or so later I got a bfn on an FRE so im confused. Any recent bad batches maybe?

Advertisement

Old 09-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Picture?
Old 09-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
opheliaspins
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: walmart cheapie test

I've heard they aren't very sensitive, so I have no clue! I would probably try testing again in the morning.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieMama74
Anyone have false positives with the .88 tests from walmart? We have been having safe sex but I got a very obvious bfp on one tonight. An hour or so later I got a bfn on an FRE so im confused. Any recent bad batches maybe?
Well testing an hour later likely meant you didn't have enough hcg in your urine. Did u get a BFP within a time frame? Was it pink or grey?
Old 09-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #5
sassybean
Registered Users

My Mood:

Pics? Did you use the same pee for both tests? If not maybe your urine was to diluted to show BFP on the FRER. I would retest in the a.m. with FMU.
*For all the people out there who say "Why buy the cow when the milk is free" here's a little news flash for ya...80% of women today are against marriage, why, because they realize it's not worth buying a whole pig just to get a little sausage!*
sassybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:54 PM   #6
HippieMama74
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 09-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #7
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I too have heard they aren't very sensitive...and that is VERY positive. I would say try another FRER with FMU and I bet money it's a BFP
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #8
HippieMama74
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The cheapie looked like I could see an obvious antibody strip before the color ever showed up because I kept seeing it and thinking that it had no color. I laid it down, went in the kitchen to check on the kids and went back to find it with color. I immediately ran back to Walmart and got more tests. We have been avoiding for the past 2 months or so. I went to the OB on the 6th and she said I was ovulating then. We have been safe every since and I should only be like 10dpo at the most. I am sorta freaking out right now. I would think even diluted urine shouldve shown something at least on the FRE since I didnt think the cheapies were super sensitive like the FREs are huh? The FRE is STARK BFN, no hint of a line at all and I usually always have line vision.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #9
HippieMama74
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree, it is very positive. If this is a false positive it is one of the worst I have ever seen and I wouldnt recommend this test at all. On the other hand, if it is truely a BFP I would swear by these tests for sure since I would be fairly early.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #10
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieMama74 View Post
I agree, it is very positive. If this is a false positive it is one of the worst I have ever seen and I wouldnt recommend this test at all. On the other hand, if it is truely a BFP I would swear by these tests for sure since I would be fairly early.
10dpo is a pretty good time to be testing...I've not ever tested that early with FRER, though that is usually my go-to

Test again...if the Walmart ones are that sensitive, the dilution of your urine shouldn't, matter, I agree. Honestly, at only .88, I would be testing EVERY time I peed lol
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote