Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-29-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
AugustHope
Approved as buyer only due to past issues.
seller
seller

IVF abroad..questions for those of you have btdt!

We are seriously considering going to the Czech Republic for IVF with donor embryos or possible ivf using our own.

I am worried with using our own, basically that we will get there and my ovaries and eggies wont cooperate and it will be a wasted trip, so I am kind of leaning towards donor embryos. I know a couple of the clinics offer that as one of the options.

I guess my questions are:

Is it possible for us to plan the trip with out using one of the medical vacation sites? Can we just call and email the clinic/hotels on our own? Or will we need a translator.

Recommendations between Prague, Brno or Zlin?

Has anyone done this?

Any advice from those of you who have been there and done that or those of you who have researched all about it, I would love to hear from you!!!!

Advertisement

AugustHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

Re: IVF abroad..questions for those of you have btdt!

PM Jennybeth. She had her IVF overseas.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:

She has 2 handsome boys because of CR IVF
Old 06-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Pretty sure she did zlin clinic, try to search in this forum and her thread documenting it all should show

ETA here it is http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...highlight=zlin
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=741529

Last edited by tygr2410; 06-02-2011 at 05:54 PM.
tygr2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #5
kristinc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We looked in to this a bit, but ruled it out b/c you have to have pretty basic infertility issues to have success there. From what I remember it seems like everyone has a very similar protocol medwise. That being said if we didn't have extremely difficult issues we would have prob tried an ivf vacation. I am sure Jenny Beth can give you more specifics Good luck to you!
kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
TryinginDC
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustHope View Post
We are seriously considering going to the Czech Republic for IVF with donor embryos or possible ivf using our own.

I am worried with using our own, basically that we will get there and my ovaries and eggies wont cooperate and it will be a wasted trip, so I am kind of leaning towards donor embryos. I know a couple of the clinics offer that as one of the options.

I guess my questions are:

Is it possible for us to plan the trip with out using one of the medical vacation sites? Can we just call and email the clinic/hotels on our own? Or will we need a translator.

Recommendations between Prague, Brno or Zlin?

Has anyone done this?

Any advice from those of you who have been there and done that or those of you who have researched all about it, I would love to hear from you!!!!
Hi AugustHope,

I am new to this forum but saw that you were thinking of doing IVF abroad some time ago. Did you decide to go ahead with that? I am considering the same but will need to decide one way or another within a very short amount of time, so anything you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

TryinginDC
TryinginDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #7
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

can you tell me what the rationale is to going abroad vs staying in the US?? I am sure it is a price thing but is it really that drastic?? Just curious.
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:56 AM   #8
AugustHope
Approved as buyer only due to past issues.
seller
seller

I don't know how to multi quote so:

TryinginDC--we decided against going abroad and found a clinic here that was reasonably priced and had an embryo donation program. I am happy to say that we had our FET on Sept 13, and am now not so patiently waiting for the big test day to see if it was a success or not.

lalakiwi7--yes, it was very much a financial issue. We live in a pretty rural area where the idea of embryo donation is somewhat foreign. My hospital does not do IVF, therefore it was going to involve changing clinics and paying for EVERYTHING out of pocket.

We chose to do embryo donation like I said because my ovaries are not very cooperative at all, the fertility meds don't/havent made a big difference in the past and very seldom have I actually ovulated on them. My other thought on that is that this would be the one time my ovaries stimulated and we would have way more embryos than we could use (one of those little jokes my body would play on me). Knowing that there are embryos out there waiting to grow made my decision easier.

Now, here is hoping that the the transfer on the 13th was a success and we may be able to pass on the 2 embryos we have left to another family that has had the same struggles we have!
Old 09-18-2012, 05:01 AM   #9
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Nevermind, I just saw your update.
Good luck!!
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016

Last edited by kushie tushie; 09-18-2012 at 05:44 AM.
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote