Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
SenoraE
Registered Users
seller

Who have you inspired?

My mom has been cleaning out her home and even counting her items out!! I'm so proud of her. She said she loves coming over here now that we have so much less "stuff" - especially how I seem more laid back and less stressed, so she decided to follow suit!

Who have you inspired to declutter and clean out?

Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Probably a lot of people... My house is scary!
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:
Re: Who have you inspired?

a few of my friends. im still not where i want to b but its deff better then where i was a few yrs ago. im @ the part now where im looking for things to perge & if i give away more of my kids toys they will have nothing left.

Last edited by moms5angels; 11-20-2012 at 08:17 PM.
moms5angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:58 AM   #4
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My purging and minimalism was driven largely by moving to a new house in April. I love the wide open spaces, and everything is just easier.

What is funny is the new friends the kids bring over. Because of the real estate market, we have moved into a much more affluent area than we would have under normal market conditions. We by no means have the largest house, and certainly do not have high end furnishings. But the kids come over and say, wow, your house is so much nicer than ours - and ( have seen their houses and nothing could be farther from the truth. They think its nicer because it looks larger, is not full of knicknacks they cant touch, and there is lots of room to run around and do stuff. The basement is their playroom and not stuffed with storage. It's funny what kids see that adults don't.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #5
HeatherMac603
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just got rid of tons of stuff and simplified to move to a 2 bed/1 bath apartment from a 4 bed/3 bath house. My mother in law said she was inspired and wished they could do the same. She has gone through her kitchen and minimized. My mom, who is very attached to her things, listed tons of stuff on craigslist and ebay!
Old 11-22-2012, 06:03 AM   #6
SenoraE
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
My purging and minimalism was driven largely by moving to a new house in April. I love the wide open spaces, and everything is just easier.

What is funny is the new friends the kids bring over. Because of the real estate market, we have moved into a much more affluent area than we would have under normal market conditions. We by no means have the largest house, and certainly do not have high end furnishings. But the kids come over and say, wow, your house is so much nicer than ours - and ( have seen their houses and nothing could be farther from the truth. They think its nicer because it looks larger, is not full of knicknacks they cant touch, and there is lots of room to run around and do stuff. The basement is their playroom and not stuffed with storage. It's funny what kids see that adults don't.
Very cool!! Kids are wise!!
Old 11-22-2012, 06:05 AM   #7
SenoraE
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherMac603 View Post
We just got rid of tons of stuff and simplified to move to a 2 bed/1 bath apartment from a 4 bed/3 bath house. My mother in law said she was inspired and wished they could do the same. She has gone through her kitchen and minimized. My mom, who is very attached to her things, listed tons of stuff on craigslist and ebay!
Love it! My mom is giving away her mother's things (she passed away nearly 10 years ago). It has been very tough, but she's starting to be happier with those things gone. She does not need clothes from the 80s that even my grandma didn't wear anymore. Kudos to us teaching our moms!
Old 11-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #8
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My sister and stepmom....I am enjoying the stress free aura of my house soooo much more and I am only 6 months in. I am SUPER excited to get rid of all the baby stuff after this baby comes as it is the bulk of my storage too
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote