Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Organizing our days for kinder

Im trying to figure out how to tie all my Kinder curric together. We have a simple math program and some easy workbooks, which are fine. The workbooks are mostly for handwriting and simple skills. I was trying to do a weekly theme, but I am really struggling finding enough stuff to do for that. My son is pretty hands on and I would love to do more activities and art. Is there a site or book you could recommend so I can find a way to pull things together more? (Not sure if that makes sense, lol).

Advertisement

Old 09-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Organizing our days for kinder

Pinterest! It has so many amazing ideas! If you want to do themes I'd just type that into the search box and see where it takes you.

I tried doing themes for awhile but honestly it was too much work. We do a more "typical" school day just with more playtime and play incorportated into the learning.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
KnitterBug Creations
TJsmommy is my *old* DS name
seller

My Mood:

i agree with the Pinterest idea. I did a whole unit last year on ocean life. we did things all year long relating to the ocean. I would find books at Goodwill and we made lots of crafts like fish, turtles, jelly fish etc... we did a cool thing where you make a jellyfish in a bottle of water and we had my mother in law give us sea shells and starfish from the ocean when she was there. just lots of hands on things relating to the ocean. I have lots of pictures of the things we did along with the webpages if you are interested in ocean theme unit.

This year we are doing farm animals and farm equipment. we live in a very rural area and we have access to lots of farms to look at cows and pet chickens and things like that.

again pinterest is a great resource for that.

Other units we have done are Creation unit with different songs/crafts etc. we have done the solar system, and the united states a little. My son loves nature so we do a lot of nature hikes and he takes his bug catchers and nets, and bag to collect his "treasures" then we put them in a nature journal

Just go with what your child is interested in and you can find lots of things to do relating to that.
KnitterBug Creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

I could post the list of weekly themes I'm doing with my Pre-k DS and my 1st grade DD. If you would like.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:07 AM   #5
KnitterBug Creations
TJsmommy is my *old* DS name
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieJack View Post
I could post the list of weekly themes I'm doing with my Pre-k DS and my 1st grade DD. If you would like.
i'm interested
KnitterBug Creations is offline   Reply With Quote