Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #11
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I second the hand washing thing!! Worked for my 5 yo and works in my church preschool class.

Advertisement

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #12
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

I like the hand washing idea! But what do you do if your at the park or something and there is no water? Ignore it? Time out??
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #13
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:
My ds doesnt do the booty, but picks his nose, messes with his stuff and sucks his fingers. Dd picks her nose too. Eveeytime I see it I tell them to wash their hands. Dds older and she does a lot less since enforcing hand washing.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #14
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

I do the hand washing because it's gross and they news to wash their hands but mine love to play in the sink so that doesn't stop it. Maybe I should find a no suds soap or something.
jamie714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:54 PM   #15
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonenonlymrssmith
I like the hand washing idea! But what do you do if your at the park or something and there is no water? Ignore it? Time out??
Don't ignore it! I do sanitizing wipes and a quick timeout sitting by mommy. He hated it!

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:28 AM   #16
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I tell my son that when he's taking care of his private business ("cleaning" his nose, or poking at his penis- we haven't had issues with butt picking) he needs to "go have privacy" in the bathroom. It's a nonchalant sort of "oh, sure" sort of thing around here now. He does have a hard time when he's in public and really want to pick his nose. But if I whisper in his ear to remind him to find some privacy to take care of his body he'll stop picking his nose bc he doesn't want to miss anything.

He does spend a lot of time just staring at and poking/pulling/admiring his penis when he's on the potty. So I just tell him it's obvious he needs some privacy and I'll be in the other room. "oh, and be sure to wash your hands - we always wash hands after cleaning/caring for or bodies!"
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #17
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nose picking, butt picking, and other little boy bad habbits.

Tharen only picks his butt when wearing pants. He is fine in PJ's. I don't know what it is about jeans or TKD gis that cause him to need to pick his butt. Perhaps it is simply being out of the house where it will be most noticeable to other people. I really thought it was his underpants riding up but changing types of underpants didn't help and it really only happens when he is in jeans or the TKD gi. My oldest is the nose picker and I don't think he even realizes he is doing it most of the time. It is really really gross. I will try the handwashing thing and see if it helps.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote