Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2012, 10:32 PM   #1
TwinMommaplus2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do you ask your kid(s) opinion about the possibility of another baby to the family?

Just curious?

Advertisement

Motherhood is not a hobby, its a calling, you do not collect children because they are cuter than stamps, Its not something to do if you can squeeze the time in, its what god gave you time for. ~E. Anderson
TwinMommaplus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you ask your kid(s) opinion about the possibility of another baby to the famil

I don't have many yet but I don't think we will ask. I know how many kids I want.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #3
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do you ask your kid(s) opinion about the possibility of another baby to the famil

We are a newly blending family ... I have a 2-year-old and he has teenagers.

He asked them what they thought about our dating, and about him getting married, and we will probably ask what they think about our having another child.

However, these questions are to gauge their position and open the conversation, not to influence our decision. It's good to know what you're up against LOL.
TrennaII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Nope. They want more, so they are vocal about it but it doesnt come into play with our family size. That is for DH and I to agree on together.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #5
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

No, we leave it up to God.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #6
TwinMommaplus2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm, Ive had so many friends who are adimant about having thier kids be 'ok' with a new baby before more... I dont agree with that method (for a few reasons) but "leaving it up to god" wasnt really where I was going. I was more curious to know if the response from your children, influenced your decision to have additional kids. For those who have children old enough to advocate feelings/thoughts etc...
Motherhood is not a hobby, its a calling, you do not collect children because they are cuter than stamps, Its not something to do if you can squeeze the time in, its what god gave you time for. ~E. Anderson
TwinMommaplus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #7
Brandy1010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinMommaplus2
Hmmm, Ive had so many friends who are adimant about having thier kids be 'ok' with a new baby before more... I dont agree with that method (for a few reasons) but "leaving it up to god" wasnt really where I was going. I was more curious to know if the response from your children, influenced your decision to have additional kids. For those who have children old enough to advocate feelings/thoughts etc...
We are ttc with an almost 3yr ds. Obviously it isnt his choice if we have more children, but the fact that he really want a baby "brudder" or sister, makes my heart melt and makes me really excited to be ttc'ing!
Brandy1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #8
paper_girl_76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We ask what they think, and if they were absolutely against it, I suppose we would consider it, but really it is more to gauge where they are at than to use as an influence.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #9
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinMommaplus2 View Post
We ask them just out of curiosity to what their response would be not really to base our decision on it. Kids adapt and usually go with the flow so if you are happy with the decision, then they will be too. Not to say there aren't jealous times but that will be true whether you have 2 or 20. To me parents that would base their decision on what their kids say are giving them WAY too much control over the household and if they get control in one area there will be many more to follow. As parents we lead our household, not the other way around.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:15 AM   #10
scwendy
Registered Users
seller

No.
scwendy is offline   Reply With Quote