Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanae

Do you think it would have been even harder to accept if you knew that you weren't ever going to have another?
Well, it probably is our last (we are still in our 20s, so a lot could change in the next decade). If there was a medical reason that made it a 100% certainty, it might be harder. Honestly, I think the "no more babies" part is harder than the "never have a boy/girl" part. But I am trying not to imagine one or the other so I don't end up mourning "never having a girl" or "never getting my 3rd son."

Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #12
mommy2fourmunchkins
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mamas finding out the gender....

I wanted to go green for a bit but dh said no way. I'm glad now because I was and still am a bit sad we will never give kyndal a sister. She was devastated as well. I'd rather have her upset and screaming about it now than take it out on me and/or disliking baby when he arrives. Final tally- 4 boys, 1 girl!
*~*Amanda- US Navy wife to David, mommy to Kaiden (2/1/05), Kyndal (7/18/07), Identical Twins Rowan and Ryder (8/20/09), surrogate mother to Maddie (3/8/2011) and our newest rainbow, Everett (1/23/13)
mommy2fourmunchkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #13
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

When I was first pregnant I was hoping for a boy just to change up things around here, everything is SO girly in a house with ID twin girls! Now that I am further along I kinda like the idea of staying with one gender. I think either way we will be happy. Plus there is no reason why this should be our last baby (although we could end up stopping you never know) we always wanted a larger family so I hope there will be a chance in the future to try again for a boy
Old 09-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #14
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DH is funny with gender disappointment. With this babe, he initially wanted a boy (I started hoping for a boy for him), then he changed it to REALLY wanting a girl (we found out we are having a girl and he was THRILLED), and recently DH said he was happy for a girl, but mourning the son we wont have. DH is too cute! I think he just always wants what he doesnt have lol!

This doesnt at all impact my excitement! Ive been conveniently using this as an excuse to shop (for all new PINK) baby things

Last edited by amb2j; 09-21-2012 at 01:09 PM.
amb2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #15
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ahhh you are all making me wish my 20 week scan was sooner!
Old 09-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #16
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

i've been so certain it's a girl up until recently. now i'm starting to think boy. idk why the switch over but maybe it's because the goods are there and in place. i was so certain it was a girl because of being so sick in the beginning but then i realized that was just my gall bladder making me so sick. idk, the girl instinct is still stronger than the boy one at this point. the chinese predictor thingy says girl and it was right for my son so i guess we'll just have to wait and see. 7ish weeks will go by fast, right?
Old 09-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #17
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman View Post
Well, it probably is our last (we are still in our 20s, so a lot could change in the next decade). If there was a medical reason that made it a 100% certainty, it might be harder. Honestly, I think the "no more babies" part is harder than the "never have a boy/girl" part. But I am trying not to imagine one or the other so I don't end up mourning "never having a girl" or "never getting my 3rd son."
I think I agree with this completely! Knowing DH wants to know is what's bugging me in the back of my mind to find out. But I just do not want a repeat of last time in any way so team green it is! I'll live vicariously through you ladies. It's really helping that my oldest doesn't care at all.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:33 AM   #18
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
This is our last barring we inherit millions, we found out today it's another boy our third when I desperately wanted a chance to raise a girl.

I was disappointed but I'm coming to terms and I love him even though he's not a girl.

I did schedule a 75$ gender ultrasound on Tuesday just to get a second opinion.

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote