Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
Sweetbabybows
Registered Users
seller
seller

Can I teach my 16month old to latch on again?

Adrianna was only 9 1/2 m old when I lost my milk because I was pregnant. Up to that point she has only ever had breast milk strait from the tap....no bottles. I have a great friend who was able to give her enough milk to keep her breast fed up to a year and half bm half cows milk up to now. I tried to continue to nurse her even with no milk but she wasn't interested and after a few weeks wanted nothing to do with it.

Well her baby sister was born a couple days ago and my milk is coming in. I will just pump for her if it's necessary but it would be so much easier to get her to latch on again and not have to deal with the pump. I've tried already and she will put put her lips up against my nipple but will not open her mouth.

Is there a way to re teach her?

Advertisement

Old 09-28-2012, 02:48 AM   #2
Connor
Registered Users
seller

You can try to talk her through it and have her watch the little one, but it will be difficult for her to learn to latch again.